Dennis Allen: "I feel like we played the game the way the game needed to be played. There's just some plays there that we need to make." (1 Viewer)

Even his press conferences are demoralizing and bereft of desire to win.

“I feel like we played the game the way the game needed to be played” is just another version of “keep doing what you are doing”. Nothing is going to change because he doesn’t see the problem. He thinks they are doing what needs to be done and if they just do it better wins will come.

Even his press conferences are demoralizing and bereft of desire to win.

“I feel like we played the game the way the game needed to be played” is just another version of “keep doing what you are doing”. Nothing is going to change because he doesn’t see the problem. He thinks they are doing what needs to be done and if they just do it better wins will come.
Like even if we won... We struggle bus the whole game and... San Fran had the last drive to pull off a game winning drive too.

So what was so great about how they played?

I think down towards the end zone there we had opportunities but our players didn't make the plays available.. from Taysom not catching the ball to Dalton not seeing Kamara out of the backfield.

DA and Carmichael need to go as they're clearly subpar but I think we did generally play the way we were going to have to play versus them to win the game but players didn't make critical plays and did make critical mistakes.

I honestly do feel bad for Dennis Allen: he is trying to balance the wicked bad luck and injury run we've had with a veteran locker room that is aging and missing important positions talent (namely QB). If he is fired mid-season it is akin to giving up. On one hand, perhaps that would wash out the quitters and players who shouldn't be here. On the other, it is a bad message to send to players who expect to compete. And the team is competing!

We have had critical errors, but frankly that isn't anything new. The last few years with Payton at the helm we still had those wasted timeouts after a big play, the false starts, the critical defensive holds on 3rd down, and a lack of real production from any TE on the roster. At this point the men on our roster are who they are. DA isn't going to make them more than they were, and there probably isn't a head coaching candidate available right now who will do that.

This is frustrating to watch, because it feels like a slow slide to the Ditka era. And it will be if the front office doesn't wake up and start changing the way they do things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom