Dennis Allen: "I feel like we played the game the way the game needed to be played. There's just some plays there that we need to make." (1 Viewer)

This guy is living in some other reality. Unbelievable!

I think down towards the end zone there we had opportunities but our players didn't make the plays available.. from Taysom not catching the ball to Dalton not seeing Kamara out of the backfield.

DA and Carmichael need to go as they're clearly subpar but I think we did generally play the way we were going to have to play versus them to win the game but players didn't make critical plays and did make critical mistakes.

Yea I can actually see where he's coming from with the quote but I understand the frustration from fans. Fact of the matter is based on this season at HC DA burnt whatever good will he had by turning the defense around with the vast majority of the fanbase. Not sure if the organization will see it that way but we'll just have to wait and see.

Can they be good plays if their difficult to make?
Even then... We didn't run different sets at all to create mismatches. It was backyard football with no creativity.

Have a non-pass catcher make a jump ball catch - low percentage play

Contested catch to an undrafted TE - low percentage play

Run the same exact set for three straight downs.. then, run the same exact shotgun set on 4th down with an all out pressure look - low percentage play

Throwing hospital passes to a sick player that fumble in the game going head first into a crowd of defenders.- low percentage play

No. He didn't say that. Did he? Cos if he said that, then what he's saying subliminally is, Fire me. Fire me now.
Frankly? If it's ME? I'm ALL OVER EVERY Player on "O" and thought holding this opponent to 13 was surely low enough to WIN? There were too many allowances as the "D" got worn down ( I don't really blame the "D" as we did finally get a T/O Int. ( though taken away due to ---BTW; WHY is T. Penning playing in a GAME when he just returned and didn't have a full week's practice?) Never mind, that "non-catch" call and the Int. taken away, Mathieu taking too short an angle on the pass b/u N the end zone.......I guess I should just stop here........It's on to Raymond James for a Monday Night match-up of two teams which either one could rep. the NFC South! Geaux SAINTS! Why NOT? Cheers!

Frankly? If it's ME? I'm ALL OVER EVERY Player on "O" and thought holding this opponent to 13 was surely low enough to WIN? There were too many allowances as the "D" got worn down ( I don't really blame the "D" as we did finally get a T/O Int. ( though taken away due to ---BTW; WHY is T. Penning playing in a GAME when he just returned and didn't have a full week's practice?) Never mind, that "non-catch" call and the Int. taken away, Mathieu taking too short an angle on the pass b/u N the end zone.......I guess I should just stop here........It's on to Raymond James for a Monday Night match-up of two teams which either one could rep. the NFC South! Geaux SAINTS! Why NOT? Cheers!

Yeahhhh... About that.

I think down towards the end zone there we had opportunities but our players didn't make the plays available.. from Taysom not catching the ball to Dalton not seeing Kamara out of the backfield.

DA and Carmichael need to go as they're clearly subpar but I think we did generally play the way we were going to have to play versus them to win the game but players didn't make critical plays and did make critical mistakes.
Lutz missing that field goal really hurt us. We wouldn't have had to go for it on 4th at the goal line because we could've cut the game down to 7. That miss hurt bad.

Did DA cause AK to cough up the ball twice? They played their arse
off tonight but it wasnt meant to be. So dramatic
Agree. The Saints moved the ball well enough. Our defense played very well.
Skill players let us down. How many dropped passes? And dropped passes for TDs ??!!
How many fumbles ? Today's game, while watching it and thinking back on it, looked like a game the Saints could have won.
Perhaps SHOULD have won.
I mean -- two dropped TD passes.
2 fumbles. A missed FG .
Olave dropped a long pass , I heard.
Great defense.
I mean -- take away the miscues and one can't help but believe that the Saints win this game.
And add in the called back interception, which was nullified by a criminally poor penalty call, and the Saints win comfortably.

Lutz missing that field goal really hurt us. We wouldn't have had to go for it on 4th at the goal line because we could've cut the game down to 7. That miss hurt bad.
I'm not really sure if it mattered to be honest. San Fran ice the game on a 6 minute drive. If they need the score points... They probably break our heart.

If we got points that we should have gotten... That's... 13-17...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom