Dennis Allen: "I feel like we played the game the way the game needed to be played. There's just some plays there that we need to make." (1 Viewer)

Maybe I'm missing something. I'm not a DA guy per se, but he didn't make AK fumble the football twice, once at about the one yard line in the red zone. He didn't make receivers drop touchdown passes in their hands or that hit them right between the numbers. He didn't make the officials blind to Nick Bosa being OBVIOUSLY off sides before the fatal fourth down sack. He didn't make the official call what might have been the ticky tackiest, defensive illegal contact I've ever seen that nullified a Saints INT. He didn't make those same officials miss and obvious defensive holding in the end zone that should have been called against the 49ers. He didn't make Lutz miss a field goal.

Listen, DA has his faults, but he's right. We were in position, the players didn't execute and made mistakes while the officials didn't help.

Flame this post but I agree with him.

Last edited:
It’s not unusual for an NFL game to be influenced by a couple of plays. How often have you seen a blowout score after a game was played competitively for 3 or so quarters? Sean spoke often about the small things that can change the entire game.

That’s how it works in the NFL. We weren’t going to win a shootout, so I’m sure the Saints wanted to minimize plays and keep it close. I can think of 2-3 plays that if executed, we score.

I think that’s what DA was saying. He stayed true to the game plan but didn’t execute on the difference making plays. That’s the game I watched today. Had those plays gone his way everyone (rational) would be saying how good the game plan was.

Each week of losses and lack of action by Gayle Benson makes me think he will be HC again next season. They are gonna give him a pass on this season. SMDH. 🤬
if he was a rookie head coach...I think there will be a lot more patience.... But he's not. I don't think he will if fails to even string together back to back wins for a whole season.

I obviously can’t speak to how he is in the locker room or at practice, but Allen comes off as about the most passive coach I have ever watched in the NFL. Carmichael too, for that matter.

At what point does someone even get scolded/chewed out for a turnover? At what point do we see someone on our staff chew out an official?

We have a bunch of beta substitute teachers running our program, or at least a couple of them at key positions, which I am sure has a trickle-down effect.

Kamara 2 costly fumbles. The Olave non catch, so what is a catchable ball. Also I thought the ground couldn’t cause a fumble.

I obviously can’t speak to how he is in the locker room or at practice, but Allen comes off as about the most passive coach I have ever watched in the NFL. Carmichael too, for that matter.

At what point does someone even get scolded/chewed out for a turnover? At what point do we see someone on our staff chew out an official?

We have a bunch of beta substitute teachers running our program, or at least a couple of them at key positions, which I am sure has a trickle-down effect.

Accountability is a thing of the past. People keep saying, was it DAs fault Kamara fumbled? Was it DAs fault Ram got a false start penalty? Was it DAs fault Lattimore got a couple costly personal fouls? Was it DAs fault this or that or the other thing. Yes, collectively its all his fault. He is the head coach and this team is sloppy in every facet of the game.

It all comes back to accountability. Attention to detail. Demanding excellence. Those things no longer exist. We lost this season in TC. We lose these games between Sundays. Sundays are just an affirmation of the things the HC isnt instilling in the players.

Then again, its all comes back to Loomis, his draft decisions, his cap decisions, FA decisions and ultimately hiring a guy like Allen - a proven loser - to continue a winning culture.

Allen has been a head coach 48 games in the NFL. He has lost 36 of them. He has won back to back games ONCE in his HC career. In 48 games - once. And that was in his first season as Raiders HC. He has not won back to back games in the last 41 games he has been a HC.

FORTY ONE games without consecutive wins. And Loomis hired him for continuity.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, 31 other coaches deal with calls not going their way, bad execution by players and incompetent assistant coaches and refs. DA cannot adjust when things do wrong, plays to lose, doesn’t hold players accountable or get respect from players. Kamara should have been benched after the 2nd fumble. Good coaches find ways to win, bad coaches find every way to lose.

Lol that reads like a Cam Newton quote. It's like saying, "We did everything right except for the things we did wrong. We would've won the game had we scored more points than them."

You'd think, after reading that quote, that we lost 28-26. We wouldve lost if the 49ers scored a safety only. I feel like the FO is going to have to shield Allen from the media from now on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom