Dennis Allen: "I feel like we played the game the way the game needed to be played. There's just some plays there that we need to make." (1 Viewer)

Lutz missing that field goal really hurt us. We wouldn't have had to go for it on 4th at the goal line because we could've cut the game down to 7. That miss hurt bad.
There can't be anything more demoralizing than a missed FG at the end of a long drive. First, you didn't get a TD. Second, you got nothing but added fatigue and potential injury after a lot of effort.

Next DA will tell us that water is wet….he needs to go yesterday….especially considering what was on the line here….every divisional opponent lost and had we won and then gone on to beat TB we would be in the divisional lead and we go out and get shut out….disgraceful really….

There can't be anything more demoralizing than a missed FG at the end of a long drive. First, you didn't get a TD. Second, you got nothing but added fatigue and potential injury after a lot of effort.

Lutz missed from 48. That means our 'long drive' didnt even make it into the red zone. 12 plays, 45 yards. It took us 12 plays to go less than half the field. Long in plays, short in yardage. Its demoralizing to have to settle for a FG in the first place. Him missing it was icing on the cake.

My son whos not into sports was watching the game with me and it was a moment on the sideline they show DA on screen my son asked whos this guys I said hes the coach. He said REALLY??... He looks bored. I said son thats his face when hes actually excited

I obviously can’t speak to how he is in the locker room or at practice, but Allen comes off as about the most passive coach I have ever watched in the NFL. Carmichael too, for that matter.

At what point does someone even get scolded/chewed out for a turnover? At what point do we see someone on our staff chew out an official?

We have a bunch of beta substitute teachers running our program, or at least a couple of them at key positions, which I am sure has a trickle-down effect.
That's how I feel. You don't have to go nuclear like Saben, but a simple stern look, meet the player halfway before he even gets on the sideline, get in his ear with a simple "what happened?" "didn't I say this is what NOT to do? " then just walk away like the disappointed parent.

Sends a message that there is SOME oversight and you are governing things at the very very minimum. Your days are numbered type deal.

Gameplanning to win 17-13 with a goal line stand with our two minutes defense isn't sustainable or "Playing the right way"....

The only gameplan that I like is to keep scoring points and shutting down offenses till the clock reaches zero.

Gameplanning for tight games with a conservative coach is recipe for disaster.
It's gutless, ball-less, marble less...however you want to slice it.
Lutz missed from 48. That means our 'long drive' didnt even make it into the red zone. 12 plays, 45 yards. It took us 12 plays to go less than half the field. Long in plays, short in yardage. Its demoralizing to have to settle for a FG in the first place. Him missing it was icing on the cake.
We keep relying on these 4y/p drives to get us TDs....the more plays you run, the higher the chances of something going south. I like @Taker597 strategy....score as many points as fast as you can until the clock reaches 0:00. Stop playing weenieball

Accountability is a thing of the past. People keep saying, was it DAs fault Kamara fumbled? Was it DAs fault Ram got a false start penalty? Was it DAs fault Lattimore got a couple costly personal fouls? Was it DAs fault this or that or the other thing. Yes, collectively its all his fault. He is the head coach and this team is sloppy in every facet of the game.

It all comes back to accountability. Attention to detail. Demanding excellence. Those things no longer exist. We lost this season in TC. We lose these games between Sundays. Sundays are just an affirmation of the things the HC isnt instilling in the players.

Then again, its all comes back to Loomis, his draft decisions, his cap decisions, FA decisions and ultimately hiring a guy like Allen - a proven loser - to continue a winning culture.

Allen has been a head coach 48 games in the NFL. He has lost 36 of them. He has won back to back games ONCE in his HC career. In 48 games - once. And that was in his first season as Raiders HC. He has not won back to back games in the last 41 games he has been a HC.

FORTY ONE games without consecutive wins. And Loomis hired him for continuity.

Well said. Early on in the season I sounded like the guy you were replying to. It's not DA's fault professional football players are missing tackles, not DA's fault player X failed to do his basic job, etc. And maybe that holds for a game or two. But it's been a whole season of the same old sheet, game after game with no adjustments made. It's 100% DA's fault.

The most frustrating part, and you hear it in his press conferences is that he's not making any changes to try and fix things. He actually sees things as being alright and 'we just needed a couple plays to go our way.' He sounds like a fan blaming the refs, 'doesnt know what a catch is', 'something should have been called on Landry.' Like he sees his game plan as solid and it'll be the exact same thing next week. His game plans are so conservative that everything has to be perfect for us to win. One thing doesn't go our way and it's a loss, he has his excuse and it's someone else's fault. No accountability.

You'd think, after reading that quote, that we lost 28-26. We wouldve lost if the 49ers scored a safety only. I feel like the FO is going to have to shield Allen from the media from now on.
They're too busy shielding Mickey Loomis right now...

Last edited:
it's so depressing to think that we've already lost as many games this season as all of last season, with 5 to go. And that we've lost more games this year than all of 2019 and 2020 combined :) smile through the pain

Accountability is a thing of the past. People keep saying, was it DAs fault Kamara fumbled? Was it DAs fault Ram got a false start penalty? Was it DAs fault Lattimore got a couple costly personal fouls? Was it DAs fault this or that or the other thing. Yes, collectively its all his fault. He is the head coach and this team is sloppy in every facet of the game.

It all comes back to accountability. Attention to detail. Demanding excellence. Those things no longer exist. We lost this season in TC. We lose these games between Sundays. Sundays are just an affirmation of the things the HC isnt instilling in the players.

Then again, its all comes back to Loomis, his draft decisions, his cap decisions, FA decisions and ultimately hiring a guy like Allen - a proven loser - to continue a winning culture.

Allen has been a head coach 48 games in the NFL. He has lost 36 of them. He has won back to back games ONCE in his HC career. In 48 games - once. And that was in his first season as Raiders HC. He has not won back to back games in the last 41 games he has been a HC.

FORTY ONE games without consecutive wins. And Loomis hired him for continuity.
This is extremely well-said and I reject all arguments to the contrary.

I went into the game yesterday thinking that the Saints would get run out of the building by the 49ers. I didn’t think the Saints would get run out of the building by the Saints. 17-13, Saints win should have been the final score. It was just a poor offensive effort and play-calling.

It sucks that my team can’t get it right this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom