Dennis Allen impressed by second-round draft pick Alontae Taylor (1 Viewer)

Don't get it twisted, he was a terrible pick in a sense where we didn't need him. TE was and still the weakest link on the offense, but if Roby ends up getting cut or traded in preseason, this pick goes from terrible to good in no time.
how much money would be saved by dumping Roby?

I believe that (⬆️) is mostly accurate.
However, the final season Adebo played at Stanford (prior to COVID) was marred by inconsistency. He would have had to returned to the form he was playing at prior to the injury that ended his Junior season.
Based on how he played for the Saints as a rookie, that seems like it would have been very likely
FACTS.

I really don't know anything about many of these guys but seeing that draft video they put on when we selected him I thought he looked pretty good. Love the speed.

Wasn't really understanding the "terrible pick" echo that was being heard on here.
Those that didn't like the pick are those that he didn't meet their "fantasy" draft expectations.

I am still not completely sold on Adebo yet. He seems to lack the first step quickness to recover quickly after the WR move which is understandable for a bigger CB. Hence he gets beat in press coverage more than you’d like. Need all the potential cover corners you can get.
I thought you were describing Alontae Taylor for a second, you do know he is one of the worst tacklers in college football at CB right, he excels in zone coverage not man, and there is some tape of Taylor getting beat bad off press man (like left in the dust bad). I hope he has changed and DA see something I don't but I do hope he can overcome those negatives.

*Please stop with the clown emojis or whatever unless you leave a response. If you disagree do me the honor of telling me why, thank you.

I really don't know anything about many of these guys but seeing that draft video they put on when we selected him I thought he looked pretty good. Love the speed.

Wasn't really understanding the "terrible pick" echo that was being heard on here.
The pick would have been seen as negatively if Honey Badger and Juice signed before the draft. It was a combination of nobody ever hearing of him, CB not being a significant need, and the Saints having other unaddressed needs.

The pick would have been seen as negatively if Honey Badger and Juice signed before the draft. It was a combination of nobody ever hearing of him, CB not being a significant need, and the Saints having other unaddressed needs.

Only by people who don't understand the purpose of the draft. The draft isn't for addressing needs, it's for stacking talent. It's the only time in the player acquisition process where you get the opportunity to add the best players possible.

If you are trying to fill holes instead of accumulating the best talent, you're throwing away the value of your picks.

Once upon a time, a guy once got 3 minutes to grab or tag anything he wanted out of a Best Buy. After 3 minutes, did he leave with TVs, new sound system, or a washer and dryer? No. He said, "would love to have got any of those things but I needed Star Wars episode 5 for my DVD collection. After I found it, I didn't have time to grab anything else."

In the long run, and team's should draft for the long run, the best players mean more than extemporaneously filling a theoretical need 4 months before games are played. Team needs change in an instant. Passing on the opportunity to draft the best player to fill a need that only exists on paper and could be very different by September is shortsighted.

Try to fill needs in free agency. Try to grab the best dang players in the draft.

What kind of league settings make Taylor relevant in fantasy? Just curious

This one is 18 teams with 47 man rosters (21 starters/26 bench) and a 5 man practice squad.

My other league hasn't drafted yet, but it's a 32 team, 53 man roster with 16 man practice squad.

This one is 18 teams with 47 man rosters (21 starters/26 bench) and a 5 man practice squad.

My other league hasn't drafted yet, but it's a 32 team, 53 man roster with 16 man practice squad.
I figure it had to be pretty intense. The largest league I’ve play in is 16 teams but it wasn’t IDP

If this wasn’t a how to motivate players statement I don’t know what is. Not only positive praise for the rookie to keep him motivated, but a wake up call to Roby and Adebo who are in front of him to stay focused as he’s nipping on their heels

I thought you were describing Alontae Taylor for a second, you do know he is one of the worst tacklers in college football at CB right, he excels in zone coverage not man, and there is some tape of Taylor getting beat bad off press man (like left in the dust bad). I hope he has changed and DA see something I don't but I do hope he can overcome those negatives.

*Please stop with the clown emojis or whatever unless you leave a response. If you disagree do me the honor of telling me why, thank you.
I'm amazed by how Adebo went from a great pickup and how Roby was a wasted trade because Adebo played so well to because Taylor was drafted now Adebo is not a good player? Some people really are prisoners of the moment and I can tell some people are just still high off the draft and trying to justify draft picks by over hyping their selection and devaluing current players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom