Dennis Allen interviewing with Bears (1 Viewer)

Maybe this is a little out of the conversation, but I always find amusing how owners are impressed and try to get "new talent" when proven people are out there with experience.

To me, if I was looking for a General Manager, I will have either Reggie MacKenzie or Rick Spielman at top of the list.

Reggie has experience cleaning the cap for a bad team, and had solid drafts highlighted by Amari Cooper and Khalil Mack. He did a solid job on a terrible situation, cleaning the house for Jon Gruden to arrive.

And Spielman, his drafts have always been solid, he may have missed on a franchise quarterback but to me he is a solid General Manager.

Allen is not going anywhere, these are just routine interviews, keeps Allen sharp in making an impression but also checks the box for the Bears in terms or suitable names from successful franchises to take a look at.

The Bears would be stupid to hire someone defensive minded IMO. Their problem has been offense for a long time. It doesn't matter how good your defense is if your offense can't move the ball (the Saints this year being exhibit A)

The word on the radio in Chicago today is that Jim Caldwell will be the head coach in either Chicago or Jacksonville. Apparently, he's already calling people to put together a coaching staff.
Right now, I think it is either Eberflus or Caldwell. Caldwell has identified Brian Callahan as QB Coach and Jim Bob Cooter as OC. But I think there are more people who like Eberflus, including some of the GM candidates. For example, Ryan Poles met with them today and had Eberflus as one of his coaches. It might not matter with Poles since I hear Minnesota will offer him this weekend. But I think more of the Bears top brass prefer Eberflus though there is someone very influential there who wants Caldwell.

you know what's weird I always wondered what we run because it's like a weird 3-4 nickel thing. like I know technically it's a 4-3

here's what I mean they have davenport standing up then 3 lineman then like ceedy duce at other side of line unless its 3 wide. with Alexander and Davis manning the middle. even though I know it's 4-3 nickel it just always look weird to me
I would call our defense Hybrid maybe ? I think our deglfense is run similar to New Englands. We can pretty much run anything, Iā€™ve seen us in every defense on the planet it seemsā€¦I understand where you are coming from though, maybe technically we run a 4-3 or something which we do. I donā€™t know thatā€™s just my thoughts, lol.

The word on the radio in Chicago today is that Jim Caldwell will be the head coach in either Chicago or Jacksonville. Apparently, he's already calling people to put together a coaching staff.
Heā€™s a good coach and they should have kept him in Detroit. Took the colts to a super bowl and lost to us. I respect him. He would be a helluva coach in either spot cause he can totally build a team.

Fine! Go to Chicago! I don't care, didn't like you anyway!! <storms out of the room and slams the door>

Right now, I think it is either Eberflus or Caldwell. Caldwell has identified Brian Callahan as QB Coach and Jim Bob Cooter as OC. But I think there are more people who like Eberflus, including some of the GM candidates. For example, Ryan Poles met with them today and had Eberflus as one of his coaches. It might not matter with Poles since I hear Minnesota will offer him this weekend. But I think more of the Bears top brass prefer Eberflus though there is someone very influential there who wants Caldwell.
Everflus is mentioned a lot. The talk is that Bidwell is pushing Caldwell.

Heā€™s a good coach and they should have kept him in Detroit. Took the colts to a super bowl and lost to us. I respect him. He would be a helluva coach in either spot cause he can totally build a team.
Never had a losing season in Detroit if I remember correctly. That's nearly impossible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom