Dennis Allen on Marcus Davenport: 'We’re certainly excited about the player' (1 Viewer)

• Admin
snews.gif

By NewOrleansSaints.com

New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator Dennis Allen
Post-Practice Rookie Camp Availability
Saturday, May 12, 2018

You can’t get too high or two low on Marcus Davenport at this camp considering this is the first time you’ve seen him perform as a Saint?

“Yes, I think it’s no different than any other year. Obviously, you have the athletic qualities that you are looking for. Mentally he has the things that we are looking for that gives him the chance to have success. This camp is really kind of about getting accustomed to some of the verbiage that we are going to use, getting use to some of the techniques that we are going to ask him to play. It’s kind of an introductory phase, but we’re certainly excited about the player.”

How do you envision using a guy like that?

“We’re going to play him at the right end to start off with and evaluate him there. I think the one thing that really stood out to us throughout the draft process was his ability to rush the passer. We felt like he had a unique skill-set that allowed him to be able to rush the passer. He has size, length, speed, so all the qualities that you’re looking for, he has. It’s getting him out here, getting him accustomed to what we’re going to ask him to do and helping him to deveolop.”

How excited were you that the club traded up to be in the position to pick up an edge player like that?

“Those aren’t decisions that I make. Obviously, we were certainly excited that we got the player, because he was somebody that we targeted very early on in the process that we felt like he really had a unique skill-set and we felt like we could utilize his talents. Obviously, I was excited when Sean (Payton), Mickey (Loomis) and those guys decided to move up and take the player. We feel good about him". ...

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom