Dennis Allen: What's your opinion so far of him watching and listening to him during press conferences and interviews? (1 Viewer)

I thing so far means anything if he chokes or panics when the real bullets start flying.

Based on what he’s done in those situations in the past, I feel pretty confident in him… but you never know.
He doesn’t have CSP coming back next week anymore. We’ll see
Just no repeats of the Minny Miracle....

I think that it is worthless to try to predict the success of the new coach by his performance in front of the press.

The important thing is that coaches are able to communicate clearly with the players, to teach them, to give discipline to respect their scheme, and to keep them fired up.

What we have seen from Allen's staff is what gives me peace of mind.

- He clearly communicates with his players. They are fired up and discipline. And as important, they play smart football. You rarely see a player out of position, or the same mistake twice. We should remember this was a common problem on previous defense regimes.

- Allen is a thinker. You can see that he reflects before talking. I am not saying he is not fired up. I say that he will keep his cool in stress situations.

- Allen is loyal, as we have seen, he made little additions to his staff, but did everything possible to reward the key elements. That is the reason we have two co-defensive coordinators and a special teams coach that is also the assistant head coach.

And finally, players love to play for him.

Of course there will be differences between Sean Payton and Dennis Allen, but the pros and cons will balance on a different style.

This thread is really about your impression of him through interviews and press conferences. From my impression of him EARLY on was that he was dry and stiff. But I see a guy who is getting more comfortable with the medias and his role. As far as his coaching style, that's another story. Look with any coaching changes, we either have hopes, or doubts. All depends how much patience we have. I recalled a few times in years past our defense wasn't playing up to par early on and people here were glamouring about replacing him with Wade Phillips or other defensive coordinators. Then we go through many games where our defenses were balling out and thought Dennis was a genius and the best out there. 15 years we were used to seeing the same man holding that clip board in the middle. Now we going to see if another man can hold the same clip board for many years to come.

I think that it is worthless to try to predict the success of the new coach by his performance in front of the press.

You are right. If you could Steve Spurrier would have won like 6 Super Bowls instead of flaming out after two season.

I'm not impressed and I hear a lot of "coach speak." He'll say things like, "In our business..." and "in this league..." and it just doesn't seem personal. As a head coach, you need to have somewhat of an edge. He's a nice guy and everything but doesn't seem like he'll respond well when bullets start flying.
Eh. Not what I hear but I’m also wearing my black and gold glasses.

He looks like somebody that learned from his 1st HC job
Yep more understanding and comfortable plus working for a better organization and team imo the second go round helps. I think he's motivated and ready to win now. I'm sure he hears and sees stuff about him and the team are supposed to drop off because sp stepped away. The ultimate middle finger would be to win a SB.

I love DA's swag. Straight to the point, no nonsense and will talk some smack with it.

He likes relentless aggression and breaking the opponents will from listening to him. I like that aswell.

I'm 100% on board with him and I like how he's building HIS version of the team and coaching staff to go out there and mud stomp everybody.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom