Dennis Allen: What's your opinion so far of him watching and listening to him during press conferences and interviews? (1 Viewer)

If someone who didn't know much about the history of the NFL would watch Bill Belichick at a presser for the first time... they'd probably think the guy didn't know the difference between a quarterback and a fullback.

Individual mannerisms are varied. Rex Ryan is a very colorful and dynamic personality in front of a camera. But his accomplishments (or lack thereof) are the reason why he's no longer coaching today.

Dennis Allen knows how to communicate to his players, and he also trusts the assistant coaches to do their job without having to micromanage them. He has EARNED their respect, and he knows how to put together a winning game plan.

Glad we have him.

:gosaints:

Last edited:
My opinion of Coach Allen will be formed when I start seeing the W’s and L’s! Seriously though I have thought he has done a solid job so far with the media, but he is still on his honeymoon period and the bullets haven’t started flying in the regular season!

I'm confident he learned from his first kick at HC and he got to work with SP again afterwards. Between learning from his mistakes and from SP and having a pretty solid team to start out with, I expect him to do well. I don't think Loomis would have handed the team to him if he didn't think he was ready. Loomis knows what happened in Oakland, and I'm sure he thought it all through before pulling the trigger. I trust Loomis.

Seems very positive and focused. Sean really looked drained his last year compared to Dennis.
If you had 17 years of head coaching in the NFL under your belt and had to fight the league and refs for 12 of them, you’d be drained to. I hope Coach goes the Dungy route and never comes back. He has nothing to prove. With his record and what he did with Drew, he should get into the HOF.

I'm confident he learned from his first kick at HC and he got to work with SP again afterwards. Between learning from his mistakes and from SP and having a pretty solid team to start out with, I expect him to do well. I don't think Loomis would have handed the team to him if he didn't think he was ready. Loomis knows what happened in Oakland, and I'm sure he thought it all through before pulling the trigger. I trust Loomis.
I’m sure he still has Coach as a sounding board, like Coach had Parcells.

I’m glad you started this thread…great Q!

I am still in shock with Sean being gone but am very impressed with Dennis so far. Before these last few weeks I’d literally never watched him speak. Love his demeanor & he sounds like he knows what’s going on. I’m pleasantly surprised and hopeful.

While I don’t think Sean is done coaching, he was done coaching here and ready for a change in his life. Hopefully Dennis is all in, energized and such, as Sean was for so many years.

I thing so far means anything if he chokes or panics when the real bullets start flying.

Based on what he’s done in those situations in the past, I feel pretty confident in him… but you never know.
He doesn’t have CSP coming back next week anymore. We’ll see

Just win baby, that's all that matters.

I’ve been impressed with his demeanor in the media. I think he’s in an incredible situation to find success (similarly to Todd Bowles).

Not every new coach gets to come in with such a full cupboard and a strong established culture. I also get a sense of gratitude from him which is cool to see. He seems very at peace with his shortcomings during his first HC stint and seems ready and willing to move forward with what he’s learned under CSP.

I’m really excited for what’s to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom