Saints Dennis Allen: Where can Saints defense improve in 2020? (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
After Further Review (AFR), Matt Moscona (ESPN, 104.5 FM Baton Rouge & 100.3 FM New Orleans) has been killin' it lately with his commentary. In this segment, he makes the case that the Saints (who, as most of us know have the best record in the NFL over the past 3 seasons)... have actually IMPROVED on defense.

Good stuff.

:gosaints:

Last edited:
OP
ndcc

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Do they ask him the hard questions or is it safe?
No... it's not an actual interview of D.A. What Moscona does is give "his take" on where our defense stands, and talks about whether or not the Saints have actually taken a step or two FORWARD.

For instance, Moscona says that we've improved over the losses of Vonn Bell and Eli Apple with Malcolm Jenkins and Jenoris Jenkins. He speaks to other issues on defense that should make the average WhoDat smile. :ezbill:

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No... it's not an actual interview of D.A. What Moscona does is give "his take" on where our defense stands, and talks about whether or not the Saints have actually taken a step or two FORWARD.

For instance, Moscona says that we've improved over the losses of Vonn Bell and Eli Apple with Malcolm Jenkins and Jenoris Jenkins. He speaks to other issues on defense that should make the average WhoDat smile. :ezbill:

We improved, but we really pushing our lucky with old bodies

dutar76

4th Year Vet
Reaction score
We improved, but we really pushing our lucky with old bodies
Old bodies with solid football veteran minds in some spots.
For the past few seasons we had a LOT of young bodies with those pesky occasional rookie WTH? moments.

I think we have a really good mix of youth and experience.

town123

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After Further Review (AFR), Matt Moscona (ESPN, 104.5 FM Baton Rouge & 100.3 FM New Orleans) has been killin' it lately with his commentary. In this segment, he makes the case that the Saints (who, as most of us know have the best record in the NFL over the past 3 seasons)... have actually IMPROVED on defense.

Good stuff.

Thx OP for posting this guy again. Matt has that 'no bull straight forward' common sense with a pretty decent analysis. I didn't think I could get anymore optimistic....lol

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't get the hate for DA, he's a good defensive Coordinator especially since he's been back with the Saints as he knows and works with Payton very well. He's put together some really good units and the Defense is fun to watch.
Part of the issue with him is that the defense gets burned at the worst possible time and seems like they don’t know what they’re supposed to do. It’s been this way since he’s been here and it doesn’t matter what players he’s had, it’s his weakness.

Now the other 85% of the time the defensive calling is good. I guess fans just wish he would make some kind of adjustment and get it fixed or happens less.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
fix the fact that I am deathly afraid of 3 & 20 , 4th &25 downs. 4th and 1 or 2 I am good but 4th and 50 would scare me
That sums it up perfectly. 4th and 3 and I'm confident we get the stop. 3rd and 15 though, might as well be an automatic 1st down.

Reaction score
I don't get the hate for DA, he's a good defensive Coordinator especially since he's been back with the Saints as he knows and works with Payton very well. He's put together some really good units and the Defense is fun to watch.
I don't hate Allen. I just don't think he's super great. Definitely don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I can't even imagine how good this group would be with a guy like Greg Williams as coordinator. We've been loaded on D for a few years now, but still struggle to field a top 10 unit. Giving up big plays at the worst times, playing prevent D and still allowing opponents to catch up. Those are my main issues. I'm glad Payton has stuck with him because the constant coaching carousel wasn't working. I just think we have the talent to be better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Super44 Where will Texans play? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25