Dennis Allen? (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He has one year as defensive coordinator with the broncos with some marginal success. Since he has been with us he took over a sinking ship at the end of the year and only could tweak the cover 3 scheme. 2nd year he had to play cover 2 cause of injuries and pass rush. So he hasn't had a full deck really but he has never really had any long time success. Main point to the ramble is he another Guy who Payton likes in the coaches office. Looking what he did at Denver he ran a traditional 4-3 with multiple coverage packages. Netted a 22nd NFL ranking with Miller and Dumerville on the edge? His resume shows low 20s ranking is the best best he can do

Doesn't really matter at this point. He's 100% here this season so we will see.

It's a lot that goes into that they had a offense ran by Tim Tebow that kept them on the field to start with plus a secondary that was starting to get old with champ bailey and Brian Dawkins that's what stands out to me.

Give him the tools to work with and let's see what he does this year and evaluate and make changes next season if not acceptable results.

It's a lot that goes into that they had a offense ran by Tim Tebow that kept them on the field to start with plus a secondary that was starting to get old with champ bailey and Brian Dawkins that's what stands out to me.

Very true point. Moderate success with Good talent though

He has one year as defensive coordinator with the broncos with some marginal success. Since he has been with us he took over a sinking ship at the end of the year and only could tweak the cover 3 scheme. 2nd year he had to play cover 2 cause of injuries and pass rush. So he hasn't had a full deck really but he has never really had any long time success. Main point to the ramble is he another Guy who Payton likes in the coaches office. Looking what he did at Denver he ran a traditional 4-3 with multiple coverage packages. Netted a 22nd NFL ranking with Miller and Dumerville on the edge? His resume shows low 20s ranking is the best best he can do

That offense with Tebow sucked though, they were always on the field.

I don't think I have ever seen a thread with a title such as: "Dennis Allen?", "Drew Brees?", or "Our Defense" that was worth a damn.

something about not being able to articulate a succinct description of the point of the thread seems to indicate there really is no point.

He should be on a short leash with Mike Nolan on our staff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom