Denver Area Who Dats!!! ***Officially Stoney's Bar & Grill In Denver*** (1 Viewer)

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
Hello all Denver area Saints fans. I am working on creating a gathering place for fans in Denver and surrounding areas to watch Saints games with other Saints fans. I've lived in Dallas, TX for the last 7 years and the final 2 years I lived there we had a huge watching party in Bedford (a suburb of Dallas). Those 2 years were the coolest years of my Saints fan-hood. The group grew from about 30 to 40 to over 250 in just 2 seasons. I've made life long friends from that experience and would like to do something similar here in Denver. I have a lot of great ideas and hope to hear more from some of you guys that live here in this area.

My goal is to create a family atmosphere in a centralized location convenient for everyone interested. I do not have the location set in stone because I would like to receive suggestions or knowledge from other Denver area Saints fans. If anyone knows of a Saints friendly bar/restaurant, an existing gathering site, or just a great location please PM me or post it here. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the City of Denver. Like I said, it should be centralized for convenience for everyone interested.

At some point next week, I plan to go to Downtown Denver and start the process of checking out bars and restaurants to check out the scenes. It'll be kind of like a recon mission. I'm looking at capacity potential, menu prices, television quality, line of sight, amount of televisions, and other things. Most importantly, I will also be speaking to managers to ensure that Saints games are played at these locations. If anyone would be kind enough to send me suggestions of other establishments, I will be more than happy to check those places out as well. I plan to post my findings here for everyone to see. As we narrow down the search process, I'll take video of the venues we consider finalists so everyone can share they're opinion on each place.

So, if you live in the Denver, CO area, you're a big time WHO DAT fan, and would love to watch your beloved Saints with other enthusiastic Saints fans, please post here or pm me so I can gauge the interest level. I'm really excited about the idea of this and can't wait to get started.

WHO DAT!!!!!!
:gosaints:

Last edited:
I've been in Denver fora little less than a year now. Will be cool to meet up with some people. I have my second son coming July 30th or thereabouts, so may not make much this season, since leaving the wife to watch a 2 year old and a 2 month old for 4 or so hours when we have directv at home probably not a great idea. Especially since i'm already flying into Nola for the home opener. But thanks for getting this kick started and look forward to some good outings over the coming years.

Hey, hey, hey. There is a Cajun cafe near my home in Littleton and the owners are Saints fans but yeah...it's a cafe so I don't really see them housing a big thing like what we would really want. For now, I think they do air the Saints games. But there have been occasions where they prefer to not show them because they want to watch the recording later when they're not working.

I've been in Denver fora little less than a year now. Will be cool to meet up with some people. I have my second son coming July 30th or thereabouts, so may not make much this season, since leaving the wife to watch a 2 year old and a 2 month old for 4 or so hours when we have directv at home probably not a great idea. Especially since i'm already flying into Nola for the home opener. But thanks for getting this kick started and look forward to some good outings over the coming years.

First of all, you're welcome! I'm doing this for all the fans. This is the type of interest I'm hoping to hear is out there. Believe it or not, I know everyone has a life outside of the New Orleans Saints. I completely understand taking care of things on the home front first. If you don't keep the wife happy, she'll never let you out of the house. Just to know that you're interested is great.

What area do you live in and is downtown a good area for you? If not what area would work for you?

Hey, hey, hey. There is a Cajun cafe near my home in Littleton and the owners are Saints fans but yeah...it's a cafe so I don't really see them housing a big thing like what we would really want. For now, I think they do air the Saints games. But there have been occasions where they prefer to not show them because they want to watch the recording later when they're not working.

Hey there my friend. I haven't chatted with you since last season. Is the cafe's name Nono's by chance? Thanks for the input. Littleton is not far from Denver at all. If you think it's worth it, I'll check into it. I'd be willing to bet they'd play all the games if it brought them more business. The fact that it's a Cajun cafe is a huge plus on the food side of things. Let me know if you think it's worth chatting with the management.

Nono's is a great little restaurant. The owners are from Metairie, and they do all you can eat crawfish boils on Saturdays in the spring.

Nono's is a great little restaurant. The owners are from Metairie, and they do all you can eat crawfish boils on Saturdays in the spring.

Thanks for the info! Is there a good amount of space and how's the TV setup? Do you live in Littleton?

I do. The bar is pretty small, but the TV is up high and there's seating in the bar area. The owners are Brian and Sonda Brewster, very nice people. They've been showing Saints games there the last couple of years and whenever we go eat there during the season Brian always encourages us to come watch the games there, so I'm sure they'd love to have a weekly contingent of Saints fans bringing in business.

http://www.nonoscafe.com/

I do. The bar is pretty small, but the TV is up high and there's seating in the bar area. The owners are Brian and Sonda Brewster, very nice people. They've been showing Saints games there the last couple of years and whenever we go eat there during the season Brian always encourages us to come watch the games there, so I'm sure they'd love to have a weekly contingent of Saints fans bringing in business.

http://www.nonoscafe.com/

:9: I'm going to check into this place. Thanks for the info Booker. :9:

On another note, Legends Bar and Grill in Cherry Creek shows LSU football games in the fall (at least they used to, haven't been there in a while).

On another note, Legends Bar and Grill in Cherry Creek shows LSU football games in the fall (at least they used to, haven't been there in a while).

I'm adding it to the list of places to check out next week. Thanks. Would you, personally, drive to Denver on game days to watch games?

I live in Colorado Springs, I know of a few Saints/LSU places. I used to live in Denver and still spend a lot of time there too... Was at the Saints/Broncos game in 08 where somehow there were about a million Saints fans coming out of the woodworks that I'd never seen before.

I live in Colorado Springs, I know of a few Saints/LSU places. I used to live in Denver and still spend a lot of time there too... Was at the Saints/Broncos game in 08 where somehow there were about a million Saints fans coming out of the woodworks that I'd never seen before.

Feel free to post any good info you may have on Saints locations. The more places I have to check into the better. Thank you B-Train! :9:

I'd love to meet up with other Saints fans in Denver - Blake st. Tavern downtown used to play LSU games too..

It's great to know you're interested Murphyz! You will definitely be able to meet up with other Saints fans this season. We're going to make this thing happen.

Thank you for the heads up on Blake Street Tavern. I will now be paying them a visit next week during the "recon mission". My girlfriend, who's born and raised here told me to check that place out too so it must be a good spot.

I've been in CO now for about a year. I live in Parker, and work in Lakewood. Was unable to continue my Sunday Ticket this year from directtv b/c they couldn't get a line of sight at my new apt. Definitely willing to get together and watch Saints games. I am brand new to the area so I don't know of any good locations. Feel free to give me a call. 303-914-5736. Matt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom