Denver Area Who Dats!!! ***Officially Stoney's Bar & Grill In Denver*** (1 Viewer)

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Hello all Denver area Saints fans. I am working on creating a gathering place for fans in Denver and surrounding areas to watch Saints games with other Saints fans. I've lived in Dallas, TX for the last 7 years and the final 2 years I lived there we had a huge watching party in Bedford (a suburb of Dallas). Those 2 years were the coolest years of my Saints fan-hood. The group grew from about 30 to 40 to over 250 in just 2 seasons. I've made life long friends from that experience and would like to do something similar here in Denver. I have a lot of great ideas and hope to hear more from some of you guys that live here in this area.

My goal is to create a family atmosphere in a centralized location convenient for everyone interested. I do not have the location set in stone because I would like to receive suggestions or knowledge from other Denver area Saints fans. If anyone knows of a Saints friendly bar/restaurant, an existing gathering site, or just a great location please PM me or post it here. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the City of Denver. Like I said, it should be centralized for convenience for everyone interested.

At some point next week, I plan to go to Downtown Denver and start the process of checking out bars and restaurants to check out the scenes. It'll be kind of like a recon mission. I'm looking at capacity potential, menu prices, television quality, line of sight, amount of televisions, and other things. Most importantly, I will also be speaking to managers to ensure that Saints games are played at these locations. If anyone would be kind enough to send me suggestions of other establishments, I will be more than happy to check those places out as well. I plan to post my findings here for everyone to see. As we narrow down the search process, I'll take video of the venues we consider finalists so everyone can share they're opinion on each place.

So, if you live in the Denver, CO area, you're a big time WHO DAT fan, and would love to watch your beloved Saints with other enthusiastic Saints fans, please post here or pm me so I can gauge the interest level. I'm really excited about the idea of this and can't wait to get started.

WHO DAT!!!!!!
:gosaints:

Last edited:

ColoWhoDat

Reaction score
You're in for a huge treat my friend. There's hundreds of ROWDY Saints fans and many cool activities going on. It's becoming quite the family. Give me a heads up when you plan on coming and I'll make it a point to introduce myself and introduce you to some other people.
That sounds great! Thank you and WHO DAT!

OP
OP
SaintlyAgenda

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm going to be trying a supposed Saints (and Louisiana Sports) bar in Colorado Springs called Oscars to see how it is... Don't worry I'm not abandoning Stoney's though, love that place and I'll still be back for a few more games this season.

But since I live in the Springs I wanna see what we've got down here! Who dat
Did you have a chance to check out Oscar's? If so, how was it?

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did you have a chance to check out Oscar's? If so, how was it?
It was nice. In nicer part of town in downtown Springs. Wasn't nearly as big as Stoney's, and I do think Stoney's is better overall but Oscar's was still pretty awesome. There were probably about 10 Saints fans so definitely not as big a crowd either but I think for most of the remaining weeks that I can't make it to Denver I'll probably be going to Oscar's. Definitely worth checking out for anyone else in Southern Colorado. It's on Tejon, and they also show LSU games... It's marketed as a "Louisiana Bar" IIRC

The staff were awesome and the other fans were also quite knowledgeable (Didn't ask if any of them post on here though).

Their website seems to be down at the moment but here is an article by the CS Indy about Oscar's: http://www.csindy.com/colorado/oscars-tejon-street/Location?oid=1146736

B-Train

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've been away from the Saints Report for a while. So, it was a very pleasant surprise to see the Denver-area Who Dats representing here. I'm also very happy to see that there is a Saints bar in Denver...something that I have wondered about for years. I'm gonna have to make a trip to Stoney's sometime before this season is over...
Definitely worth it! Great bar, great experience. Been there a few times myself now

OP
OP
SaintlyAgenda

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
It was nice. In nicer part of town in downtown Springs. Wasn't nearly as big as Stoney's, and I do think Stoney's is better overall but Oscar's was still pretty awesome. There were probably about 10 Saints fans so definitely not as big a crowd either but I think for most of the remaining weeks that I can't make it to Denver I'll probably be going to Oscar's. Definitely worth checking out for anyone else in Southern Colorado. It's on Tejon, and they also show LSU games... It's marketed as a "Louisiana Bar" IIRC

The staff were awesome and the other fans were also quite knowledgeable (Didn't ask if any of them post on here though).

Their website seems to be down at the moment but here is an article by the CS Indy about Oscar's: http://www.csindy.com/colorado/oscars-tejon-street/Location?oid=1146736

That's great B! Thanks for doing the recon work. I'm happy you found a place close to home to watch the games. Hopefully you'll still make it to Stoney's for a few games. If anyone stumbles upon this thread looking for places in Colorado Springs, I'll definitely point them in the direction of Oscar's. Great job. :9:

OP
OP
SaintlyAgenda

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
I met a guy at the restaurant I work at this past Saturday who was rocking a Saints Super Bowl Champions cap. I approached him to find out if he was a Saints fan. His name is Paul, is a die hard fan like all of us at Stoney's, and just moved to Denver. I told him about Stoney's and he was super pumped to know that there's a Saints bar in Downtown Denver. Here's to the group gaining a new family member. :9:

OP
OP
SaintlyAgenda

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
It's time we got some pics up of the great time we have at Stoney's. Unfortunately, I haven't taken a lot myself but I stole some of Caren's (whodatforlife) off the group's facebook page. Here they are. Enjoy! :9:

Attachments

OP
OP
SaintlyAgenda

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score

B-Train

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I met a guy at the restaurant I work at this past Saturday who was rocking a Saints Super Bowl Champions cap. I approached him to find out if he was a Saints fan. His name is Paul, is a die hard fan like all of us at Stoney's, and just moved to Denver. I told him about Stoney's and he was super pumped to know that there's a Saints bar in Downtown Denver. Here's to the group gaining a new family member. :9:

Nice! Get him on the forum, he doesn't know what he's missing if he's not on here haha.

Thanks for uploading the pics! Stoney's is a lot of fun. Anyone in the Denver area definitely needs to check it out. I've been there a couple times now outside of games (only been there for two games though) and it's a great bar in a good location. Definitely a good time.

B-Train

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Good news! I'll be there this Sunday, bringing a few friends too. Just some New-Dats (not Saints fans... yet.) You gonna be there this Sunday?

OP
OP
SaintlyAgenda

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
Good news! I'll be there this Sunday, bringing a few friends too. Just some New-Dats (not Saints fans... yet.) You gonna be there this Sunday?

Ha!!! I'm glad we'll be watching a game together again. I had a good time the first time we met up. How many people total? I'll save some seats for you.

B-Train

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ha!!! I'm glad we'll be watching a game together again. I had a good time the first time we met up. How many people total? I'll save some seats for you.
Awesome thanks man! I should be bringing at least 2 other people, probably a 3rd person as well. So that will be 4 total

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom