Denver To Have Second Interview With Payton (1 Viewer)

I could see 2023 #68 and #69 and 2024 1st and a Denver 3rd swap for Saints 5th. The other option would be 2023 1st and 2024 2nd.

I still think Carolina is the only team we demand two 1st rounders and another mid pick.
I think the 2024 1st scenario makes sense. I don't think we want one of those last 4 picks (pretty good chance of it being 30 or 31). Next year's #1 for Denver will in all likelihood be much better than that late in the 1st round.

I hope to Denver doesn't happen. Need a 1st round pick much earlier than that. Criminal if you don't get a QB this draft, there is no shot landing the #1 pick next year. We're mid bad, not bad bad.

Cool with him going to Denver, as long as it’s not the panthers. If anyone can resurrect Wilson, Payton would be that guy.

I know teams can’t trade players in coach swaps.

But maybe Denver sends us their 1st and then in a “separate” deal, we send them a 6th for Jovantae Williams.

Its unlikey that this plays out, but refusing to trade him this offseason does keep some things open, but again, HIGHLY unlikely because we would likely burn bridges with Payton by not allowing him to coach this season....but hear me out.

Refuse to trade him this year, Allen does what Allen does best this season, and we have a high draft pick in 2024. Allen has reached the point of no return as a HC and he has to be fired. I honestly dont know if I want Allen having a year to screw up any 1st round pick we would gain from trading Payton this year anyway.

In 2024, we have a high 1. Maybe high enough to draft Caleb Williams. Maybe Payton will bite on that and come back here after having 2 years off and letting Allen singe off 'continuity' and he will get a 2006 like reset. Highly unlikely I know, but when you HAVE to fire Allen, at least you could kick the tires on Payton next year as an option.

Or, we trade Payton next offseason, get a 1, and the new coach in 2024 will have 2 1st round picks at his disposal to kick off his tenure.

That leaves a door open to have some make up love with Payton in 2024 - or gives the next coach 2 1's. It might not be the worst thing in the world to NOT trade Payton this offseason. Or at least make it somewhat known that we are thinking about not trading him, and force a team to throw a boatload of picks at us to let him walk this offseason.

The thing with the Broncos is that they really want someone to come and fix their biggest investment in Russell Wilson. Out of all the candidates they think Sean is the best one to do it. I would play a little hard with the Broncos but I rather them or Houston.

Its unlikey that this plays out, but refusing to trade him this offseason does keep some things open, but again, HIGHLY unlikely because we would likely burn bridges with Payton by not allowing him to coach this season....but hear me out.

Refuse to trade him this year, Allen does what Allen does best this season, and we have a high draft pick in 2024. Allen has reached the point of no return as a HC and he has to be fired. I honestly dont know if I want Allen having a year to screw up any 1st round pick we would gain from trading Payton this year anyway.

In 2024, we have a high 1. Maybe high enough to draft Caleb Williams. Maybe Payton will bite on that and come back here after having 2 years off and letting Allen singe off 'continuity' and he will get a 2006 like reset. Highly unlikely I know, but when you HAVE to fire Allen, at least you could kick the tires on Payton next year as an option.

Or, we trade Payton next offseason, get a 1, and the new coach in 2024 will have 2 1st round picks at his disposal to kick off his tenure.

That leaves a door open to have some make up love with Payton in 2024 - or gives the next coach 2 1's. It might not be the worst thing in the world to NOT trade Payton this offseason. Or at least make it somewhat known that we are thinking about not trading him, and force a team to throw a boatload of picks at us to let him walk this offseason.

Or we play hardball, burn that bridge and he doesn't come back to coach anywhere because he settled into his role at Fox. Then we'd be double-stuffed Nashville cop style.

Not sure I agree with any of this, but it's very creative. Not being sarcastic.

He was all decked out in Carolina colors. A clear message to Tepper.

IMG-7967.png
Weird. I thought he was wearing a different outfit on the broadcast last night (I know he had on different shoes.) Is this the same time period?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom