Denver (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m going to be in Denver all next week on vacation

Just wanted to see if anyone had any restaurant suggestions or any sight seeing/activity ideas

Thanks

I like their big blue bear

iStock-621612916-1024x735.jpg

20120922__0912212_Bear_CFW_5116xp1.jpg

I dunno about the horse though

bluemustang.jpg.CROP.promo-large2.jpg

The horses butt and undercarriage are anatomically correct

Depending on who you’re with and interests, but...

The Denver Zoo
Museum of Nature and Science
Art Museum
Colorado History Museum
Colorado Rockies Baseball
Downtown Aquarium
Wildlife Sanctuary
Elitch Gardens Amusement Park

If you like music check out Twist & Shout Records on Colfax. There are a lot of micro-breweries downtown and there are plenty of dispensaries if that’s you’re thing.

You can go hiking in the mountains or book a whitewater rafting trip. Drive down to Colorado Springs and check out Pike’s Peak or the Garden of the Gods, or the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.

Drive down to Colorado Springs and check out Pike’s Peak or the Garden of the Gods, or the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.

I don't know if the Cog is running again, but that would be the easiest way to tour Pike's Peak. No way was I driving up there. +1 on Garden of the Gods and the zoo. You can also hit Seven Falls, though I wouldn't necessarily make a special trip to see it. The US Olympic Training center is there too and worth a tour. Drive a bit further south to Canon City and take the Royal Gorge train and go drive on Skyline Drive if you aren't afraid of narrow roads with a good dropoff on each side.

No matter how many times you are told to go to Casa Bonita....dont. Food is awful, is the place entertaining? Yes, but the food is Alpo quality.

Last edited:
Downtown stout street

I’m pretty open food wise
Cool, that’s a few blocks from my office. Ironically I’m currently visiting family in Louisiana!

Bayou Bob’s is nearby.

5280 Burger Bar - try the “Ring of Fire”!

For Mexican, Hacienda Colorado isn’t too far, or go in the other direction to D’Corazon.

The Palm is nice, but if you want to go all out for a steak dinner try the Buckhorn Exchange.

Drive a little south on Broadway to the Post for fried chicken and beer.

There’s a Yardhouse, Cheesecake Factory and other chains near you (even a Chili’s a few blocks away if you want a “taste of Baton Rouge.”)

Cool, that’s a few blocks from my office. Ironically I’m currently visiting family in Louisiana!

Bayou Bob’s is nearby.

For Mexican, Hacienda Colorado isn’t too far, or go in the other direction to D’Corazon.

The Palm is nice, but if you want to go all out for a steak dinner try the Buckhorn Exchange.

There’s a Yardhouse, Cheesecake Factory and other chains near you (even a Chili’s a few blocks away if you want a “taste of Baton Rouge.”)

Thanks booker!

I don't know if the Cog is running again, but that would be the easiest way to tour Pike's Peak. No way was I driving up there. +1 on Garden of the Gods and the zoo. You can also hit Seven Falls, though I wouldn't necessarily make a special trip to see it. The US Olympic Training center is there too and worth a tour. Drive a bit further south to Canon City and take the Royal Gorge train and go drive on Skyline Drive if you aren't afraid of narrow roads with a good dropoff on each side.

How long does it take to fat to the royal gorge train?

Also looking for a good 4th of July fireworks display

No matter how many times you are told to go to Casa Bonita....dont. Food is awful, is the place entertaining? Yes, but the foold is Alpo quality.
That’s about the only Mexican place you’ll go to where the recommendation is to order the chicken fingers.

We did the Buckhorn Exchange when we were there last. It is the oldest Restaurant west of Mississippi River or some such. Super Old with lots of old stuffed animals and memorabilia. Had the "Rocky Mountain Oysters" which were a lot like little chicken fried steak patties and also got the Buffalo Prime Rib which was incredible. Also did Biker jim's Hot Dog place that was sort of neat, they had all sort of exotic meat sausages.

Bayou Bob’s is nearby.

Can also recommend Bayou Bobs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom