Denver's Blocking Scheme (cut blocking) (1 Viewer)

Punching the guy was just stupid. Yeah, that block might have been cheap but these are supposed to be "professional" athletes and part of that is keeping your emotions in check. Many a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty has cost teams.

I agree. Defensive linemen need to practice chopping their feet quickly so that their cleats are not anchored into the turf.

If a few offensive linemen "accidentally" get their hands broken by the chopping feet of the defensive linemen that would be a terrible shame. :ezbill:

i am not mad about anything, I am just trying to point out that calling a team the dirtiest because of the play of the offensive line who runs a scheme that has been looked at numerous times and still found to be legal is silly. A few players don't make the whole team, what i am arguing is calling Denver the dirtiest because of the play of a few individuals, when every year teams have several players that commit questionable things just as bad or worse. Rodney harrison has been voted the dirtiest player but people don't call New England the dirtiest team, many argue that the steelers linemen intentionally went for plamers legs yet because of that we don't call the steelers the dirtiest team why then Denver why criticize shannahan when numerous coaches if not all do things many of you would question immorally wrong?

Are you freakin kidding me? They put an emphasis on the 5 yard chuck rule because of the Pats DBs and people constantly say they got away with murder on the way to SB 38. Of course the Pats went out the next season and whipped the Colts even worse in a glorious display, but that's neither here nor there. Stop trying to strawman this, like I said before it doesn't matter what other teams do this is about Denver. If Pittsburghs Dline is dirty or the Pats DBs dirty it doesn't mean Denvers Oline isn't.

Are you freakin kidding me? They put an emphasis on the 5 yard chuck rule because of the Pats DBs and people constantly say they got away with murder on the way to SB 38. Of course the Pats went out the next season and whipped the Colts even worse in a glorious display, but that's neither here nor there. Stop trying to strawman this, like I said before it doesn't matter what other teams do whis is about Denver. If Pittsburghs Dline is dirty or the Pats DBs dirty it doesn't mean Denvers Oline isn't.

I know their o line has done dirty things and i hope nalen gets a fine for what he did yesterday along with olanshky but what I am referring to is the people in this thread and others concluding somehow Denver is the dirtiest team in spite of all these other teams doing the same questionable stuff. All teams probablly do some dirty stuff and to say one is worse then the other is dumb that is my overall point that and nothing else. you proved my point about NE I know people have said NE is dirty but in this thread the people have come to the conclusion DENVER is the DIRTIEST team and i am trying to make you all who say this understand that this is a baseless generalized statement when lots of other teams in one way or another employ tactics, schemes, whatever that are dirty and singling out Denver as the worst is unfair and not true.

If the league does not hit Nalen with some sort of sanction for his blatant attempt to injure, then it'll only go to show how much of a sham this league is.

the fact remains Denver has always played within the rules of the game and to say Denver is dirty is silly.

denver cheats. they cheated during the years they won back to back super bowls and the league fined them for it. i always remind the folks here about that. none of them seems to remember, though. check out this link.

o.k. so their blocking is still legal, but they are cheaters. and if they cheat in one area...oh yeah--and wasn't one of their LB's admitting to using performance enhancing stimulants to get an edge?

That's been Denver's image for years now, they are a very dirty team. I don't wish for this to happen, but if someone were pushed out of bounds and rolled up Shannahans knee I wouldn't feel sorry for the guy.

I felt so bad for Joe Paterno when he got nailed and blew out his knee and broke his leg... but, would anyone really feel sorry for that George Hamilton clone known as "Leatherface" Mike Shanahan?

Anyone that saw the play live (or on the YouTube version) would see how terribly egregious the "take out the legs" dive by Nalen was. NO ONE ELSE on the line even attempted to block because they knew that the spike was coming.

What on earth was Nalen doing, then, that could be considered anywhere within the rules? His attempt to dive at Olshansky's knees seems to have a greater potential to injure a player than Olshansky's response punch at Nalen's helmet.

Punching the guy was just stupid. Yeah, that block might have been cheap but these are supposed to be "professional" athletes and part of that is keeping your emotions in check. Many a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty has cost teams victories. All because some overgrown man child can't keep it in check.

That said, the NFL should convene an in-depth investigation of the Broncos tactics.

DID YOU SEE THE PLAY IN QUESTION?!?!?!? It wasn't some "off-the-cuff" type punch.

It was a play where NO ONE ELSE ON THE LINE tried to block as they knew it was going to be a spike. Nalen DIVED AT OLSHANSKY'S KNEES... actually, he damn near hit him in the ANKLES.

Are you really of the belief that that is OKAY IN FOOTBALL????

the fact remains Denver has always played within the rules of the game and to say Denver is dirty is silly.

denver cheats. they cheated during the years they won back to back super bowls and the league fined them for it. i always remind the folks here about that. none of them seems to remember, though. check out this link.

o.k. so their blocking is still legal, but they are cheaters. and if they cheat in one area...oh yeah--and wasn't one of their LB's admitting to using performance enhancing stimulants to get an edge?

Read your own article their is nothing saying anything about how any of the minor salary cap violations would have caused them to win or not win the superbowl.
The only allegations being made to that affect are from al davis the slimy raiders owner who has been vindictive toward shannahan after he fired him back in the day and made it a personal priority to try and make his life hell, like trying to wrongfully sue him or when al davis tryed to step in and stop shannahan from firing art shell and threatened shannahan if he did it. Elway still would have played along with TD and Rod smith and the defense didn't command a big enough salary to where anyone on defense could have been the reason for the violation except Romanowski. every owner is about the bottom line in terms of revenue. Many around the league argue that tom Benson is about as sleazy as they come and has made very questionable choices with this organization too, like going against NFL rules and trying to relocate the team during a hurricane.

As to the edge you speak of how many players do you think take that stuff.? The league is so hush hush on testing compared to every other sport, you know tons of players are doing it the league is just to concerned about their image to go full force with testing which that article reinforces what i just said. regardless though the only one responsoble for taking juice is the player taking it and their are no links to anyone on that team giving the steroids to him or encouraging him to do so.

Also you are picking and choosing your argument against me instead of taking what i was intending to say all along. I never once said Denver hasn't had questionable players or questionable decisions. All i came into this thread to say is that calling DENVER THE DIRTIEST TEAM IS SILLY. I miswrote that sentence and in successive posts from that corrected what i intended to say and stated as such and you picked to quote and attack a point in which I am already in agreement with and never intended to write in the first place.

Last edited:
Denver's line is awesome. There's nothing wrong with cut blocks imo. It's not cheap. It's defendable. Injuries are a part of football. Cheap is hitting a guy in the back, or snapping a guys forearm over your knee. Quarterbacks and players getting knocked out and injured is quality TV.

I miss the old days before all the pampering of the players. These people are making millions of dollars to put their health at risk. The game is turning into flag football and the violence and competitiveness that made the game great is fading away.

What made that play worse is that it was a spike. Both players should have been ejected for trying too hurt the other.

savior payton would have punched the dude.... it was stupid to get a penatly like that when you are ahead and they are trying to make a game winning drive! i understand he tried to hit hurt him, but you have to control yourself for the team!

I wish Olshanksy could have done something more than a few meaningless shots to his helmet.

He should have ripped it off with his head still inside.

NALEN FINED $25,000!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6195350

Broncos livid over Nalen's $25K fine

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

The Denver Broncos are screaming mad after the NFL weighed in on an altercation between Broncos center Tom Nalen and Chargers DT Igor Olshansky.

FOXSports.com has learned that the league fined Nalen a whopping $25,000 for going down after Olshansky below the knees on a simple spike play in the waning minutes of Sunday night's game. Olshansky, who retaliated with a punch and was ejected from the game, was fined less than half that -- $10,000. Even though Nalen's fine was much more significant than Olshansky's, Nalen's action drew no flag.

Denver officials are furious with the fine and it's expected that Nalen will appeal such a move. After Olshansky was kicked out of the game his head coach Marty Schottenheimer was seen lambasting the young defensive lineman for the infraction.

:_rofl: :0030: :no: :_rofl: :_rofl: :_rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom