Saints Deonte Harris Appreciation (1 Viewer)

He converted something like 4 third downs. Unexpected but a lot here have been saying for the last couple of years that we need him more involved in the offense.

I had said before the game I was most excited about him returning this week than any other player. He certainly proved me right. He was all over the field on Sunday. It's really great to get players back for the playoffs for once.

It's like DH is in video game speed compared to the defenders!

Quick and decisive - no dancing.

Love it.

The Taysom Hill fumble almost deep pass to Harris is the play that had me the most hopeful. I think 2 to 5 plays with Taysom at QB with the threat of Harris deep are solid plays from mid field. Taysom gave a second hitch in his throw that gave the defender time. Hill hit Harris deep last year in the playoff game versus the Vikings. Harris was so far open and quickly downfield I think that he outran Hill's arm causing the pause.

I fully expect the Bucs to be taking cheap shots at him to knock him out of the game. Along with tackling MT and twisting his ankle. Hopefully this doesn't happen, but I wouldn't put it past them TBH.

He is one of the quickest/shiftiest players I've ever seen. And it appears like he has a good WR skill set to go along with it, he has a very bright future IMO....

I had said before the game I was most excited about him returning this week than any other player. He certainly proved me right. He was all over the field on Sunday. It's really great to get players back for the playoffs for once.

Yep when the list came out I told a friend...Saints fan knew Kamara was coming back as well as Thomas and we (and other teams) already know what they bring. But I was very excited about Harris finally coming back because as the X factor not only can he flip field position (and I still think he will run one back this postseason) but he also delivers as the speed guy in trick plays and as a deep threat.

We'll most likely be able to score against the Bucs defense, but that was never the question. It's if the Saints can cover all of their weapons now that Brown is supposedly fully meshed into the offense.
The Saints know what Brown can do from the Steelers. It’s nothing new to them. They beat brown twice over the past few years in a Steelers uniform. The Bucs WRs aren’t better than Jones and crew in Atlanta, and the Saints handled them.

I’d like to see Harris and Calloway running deep routs to clear the underneath routes for Thomas and Samuels. That would be a killer offense.

We'll most likely be able to score against the Bucs defense, but that was never the question. It's if the Saints can cover all of their weapons now that Brown is supposedly fully meshed into the offense.

CJGJ vs. Brown in-between plays and in each other's faces will be the game WITHIN the game. You might just hear......."unsportsmanlike conduct....number 81 offense....15 yards.....and a box of Kleenex!" :ROFLMAO:

The main issue I see against the Bucs is the NFL & Refs love affair with Tom Brady. If we can get a clean called game I think we beat them just like the last game, but if the Refs step in like they seem to do come playoffs in favor of TB it’s going to be very hard.

It has been said that in our last matchup Antonio Brown wasn’t fully involved with the Bucs system, and now he has a bigger role. That is very true. The AB today is different from the AB of week 9.

That said, Harris’ role in the Saints offense has also changed. He isn’t who we utilized in week 9 either. He is better, and we know how to use him properly. He gets us more hidden yardage than we were aware of at the time, and his inclusion will be a huge X factor in the game.

We saw it right off the bat with his kick returns last year. If this guy has the ball in his hands in space, he's dangerous. I remember the arguments during the offseason about him being used on offense. Quite simply, he is too productive of a player to not be used. He doesn't need to necessarily be a full time guy, but he's become a player that defenses have to account for when he's on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom