Deonte Harris Future Saints Flanker? (1 Viewer)

Sanders is a good one to learn from and he had a season under Ginn. Both can not only move but have the ability to slow the game down and do something with the ball, which I think is his strength.

Love Rev's X's and O's. I can feel Payton's excitement about Deonte's ability and potential, so there's nothing stopping him from getting a chance to play in the offense.

If you can catch and get on the same page with Drew, you will get your chances. Aside from Payton liking you, those 2 things are more important than size or speed.

I'm not sure if he has the size or speed for the position.
He certainly looks fast enough.
Sproles was short but built like a bowling ball.
Just looking at Harris, he's not incredibly skinny and has some thickness to him.
I'm sure if he was told to add some weight he could with no problems.

I made a long post on another thread where I did some research and basically, the most career yards by a receiver under 5'7" is something like 800 yards, I believe, by Taylor Gabriel. If Deonte Harris becomes a legitimate receiver at 5'6", he will not only be the first, but he'll be the first by a HUGE margin.

He certainly looks fast enough.
Sproles was short but built like a bowling ball.
Just looking at Harris, he's not incredibly skinny and has some thickness to him.
I'm sure if he was told to add some weight he could with no problems.
I made a long post on another thread where I did some research and basically, the most career yards by a receiver under 5'7" is something like 800 yards, I believe, by Taylor Gabriel. If Deonte Harris becomes a legitimate receiver at 5'6", he will not only be the first, but he'll be the first by a HUGE margin.
I'm rooting for him, but I know historically, Payton loves bigger receivers. Also considering that he's playing on the outside, i'm sure Payton will want to some size to win those 50/50 battles and for run blocking.

He'll be an impact player. I don't think he'll be a high yards and reception player. He'll be someone teams prepare for though.

Sean will put Harris in many positions to win and be successful; in the slot, motioning out of the back field, or Z. I see Harris’s biggest weakness would be as an X and if he can fight through press coverages.

Yeah, he's too small to be a regular WR, but he would be dangerous on sweeps and screens too. I see him as a 6-8 touch guy, no telling what Payton's vision for him is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom