Deonte Harris sentenced to probation. (1 Viewer)

Sounds more like a no contest plea not not guilty.

That’s unfortunate timing for a desperate WR Corps. He’ll get his 2 game suspension likely in the next 3-4 weeks.

Without conviction should mean he’s clear from an nfl punishment standpoint. I keep waiting for the other Lattimore foot to drop.
The NFL can still issue a punishment but I think it is likely he will be placed in the substance abuse program for a period of time.

From the Policy
"But even if your conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, if the league finds that you have engaged in any of the following conduct, you will be subject to discipline."
 Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person; and
 Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL personnel.

"In cases where you are not charged with a crime, or are charged but not convicted, you may still be found to have violated the Policy if the credible evidence establishes that you engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy."

Reads like he will face suspension to me.

From the Policy
"But even if your conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, if the league finds that you have engaged in any of the following conduct, you will be subject to discipline."
 Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person; and
 Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL personnel.

"In cases where you are not charged with a crime, or are charged but not convicted, you may still be found to have violated the Policy if the credible evidence establishes that you engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy."

Yeah, I think he's going to get a 2 game, just a matter of when. I honestly think Lattimore is in the clear.

From the Policy

Reads like Aaron Rodgers should be stood down until January too. I know who is likely to get the harsher punishment though.

Goodell is going to make an example out of Harris. It was only a week ago another WR drove drunk and killed a young woman and her dog. Harris asked the officer just to let him go trying to use his fame as a way out. Yeah, Goodell is going to give Harris the max he can.

Honestly, losing Lattimore, while huge we still have some depth. Roby & Crawley. Losing Harris as a returner and WR snuffs out the offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom