Deonte Harris: Something is Off (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I know there was a story posted a few months ago about how he almost walked away from football. Combined with the possible suspension, he doesn't look the same on the field from a mental aspect. Any thoughts?

He looks ok to me outside of the return game. Could be that we are so thin on WR's that we are advising him to play conservatively on returns to avoid injury.

I know there was a story posted a few months ago about how he almost walked away from football. Combined with the possible suspension, he doesn't look the same on the field from a mental aspect. Any thoughts?
The only thing I've noticed with him is that he no longer makes that 1 cut and goes. He dances now. Happens to the best of them.

I’ve been noticing that for weeks. He seems disengaged. It’s visible by his body language. To me, it looks like he doesn’t care for the QB play

He fair caught one ball that should have definitely been returned and turned upfield before catching another, but to be honest he is the least of our worries

When you're pressing to make plays it looks disjointed, rushed, forced. Young player he'll get better.

He looks disinterested at times. He is not playing bad though.

That’s not it, he’s checked out. Like a lot of our team.

He had a 70 yard TD late in the game that was the result of his own all-out effort. That isn’t indicative of a player who has packed it in.

Seriously disappointing season but I’m not seeing what y’all are. I think it’s more likely that some of these guys are pressing rather than quitting, because as much as fans don’t enjoy losing, it’s worse for the guys who are actually on the field. Imagine how they must be feeling.

The team looks physically beat. Every play it's a new injury so that funk isn't only affecting Harris. I will say TBH that 2nd Punt return if he didn't trip himself up he might have took that to the house. Overall depth is bad

That’s not it, he’s checked out. Like a lot of our team.
I honestly don’t see how so many of y’all can say this. We didn’t get blown out until late in the fourth. Up until the last few minutes, the Saints were right there in the game. The defense for sure didn’t check out. Taysom, while obviously injured, was playing hard. Mark ran hard. The only player who looks completely zombied out is Kenny Stills. Just because guys aren’t dancing and jumping around doesn’t mean they are “checked out.” Even with the major injuries, our guys are still playing hard to win.

When you're pressing to make plays it looks disjointed, rushed, forced. Young player he'll get better.
This, he feels pressured to be a playmaker on a team that doesn’t have any. If his body language is bad it’s because they are unaccustomed to losing so much

He looks ok to me. Small in size but he's probably our best offensive player outside of Kamara.

Probably tired of laying it all out at WR when others aren't necessarily carrying their weight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom