Deonte Harris (1 Viewer)

That's probably one of the more dumb things this staff could do. He's everything SP was looking for in TLL, imo.

Indeed, the only way they could possibly stash him if they feel he's not quite ready would be if he "mysteriously" ends up on IR.

I think he's ready though, **** it, lets see what he's got.

This, on that long return he had, I think if he would've bounced outside right as that last Chargers defender flipped his hips to go back inside instead of cutting in that last time he would've been able to beat anyone in pursuit up the sideline. However I can't knock him for it, it's certainly a challenge to quickly change direction when you're running that fast.

There's no way in hell we can cut him and expect to sneak him on the practice squad. He's simply making too much noise.

Agreed! I’ve been touting him for some time now. I posted his career, record setting numbers as a returner (14 TDs) at Assumption College. I posted about how former LSU kicker Cole Tracy, who played with Harris at Assumption, continues to rave about his unique talent n skills as a returner! Tracy insists that for all the talent he faced in the SEC, Harris was STILL the best returner he ever saw!

Here was my line on Harris before the game on the Gameday Board:

On STs, Deonte Harris did a nice job as a KR/PR last week. He looked really good on his lone punt return, for 23yds, which was called back by penalty. Hopefully he gets more opportunities there today, because it’ll be his PR ability that will be key to him making the 53.”

There’s a big difference between the KR and PR positions. I wanted to see more of what Harris could do as PR. Could he field the ball cleanly? Could he make plays even with defenders in his grill? No doubt, SP gave him a hard long look at PR today.

I think he did well!

Last year, AK had our longest punt return, 17 yds. Yeah, I know it’s only preseason n he had a couple called back by penalty, but overall, Harris has already had returns of 26,23, 20, n 16 yds.

But Harris ain’t big, n he took a nasty shot on his last return. IF he can shake that one off, and STILL wants it, then the job is his!

Looks like a lock as our last/pr. Can
he provide anything on offense though?

I love that even though he can appear to be running at full sprint, he has another gear to get through tight spaces. Like he's unafraid of getting clobbered despite being of slight frame.

Ahh, that GEAR! He showed it last week on his punt return against Minnesota. THATS what I wanted to see more of today. N he showed again!

I like his hands catching the ball on kick/punt returns and his ball security especially when contacted by defenders. He doesn’t make you nervous with the ball in his hand the way that TLL used to do.

Small school or not, he’s not some “project”. He’s a pretty experienced returner, n did it a lot in college.

Indeed, the only way they could possibly stash him if they feel he's not quite ready would be if he "mysteriously" ends up on IR.

I think he's ready though, **** it, lets see what he's got.
I just love it when all of whodat nation can come together & all get along on something. Harris is a guy I think event he hardest to please whodat can pull for. And I also agree with you guys about him having any chance of clearing wavers & making the practice squad. I guarantee there are fans & scouts from 30 other football teams which sat up & took notice of little number 11 today. The Flash either makes this team straight up, or will be drawing pay from someone else by week one on their active roster. The kid is just too dangerous, too skilled, too smooth, & has been too well coached to not be able to play in this league.

I do love what I’ve seen of him so far. I think he’d be a great returner for us. I would like to see more of Cyril Grayson, too. He had some great returns last game, and he’s even faster. Maybe they see Harris as the better option there. He definitely looks the part.

Man, I just hope there’s a way to keep Grayson. Not only is he capable of returns, but he’s got big play-making ability at receiver, as we’ve seen. Hope it doesn’t come down to a numbers game.

I do love what I’ve seen of him so far. I think he’d be a great returner for us. I would like to see more of Cyril Grayson, too. He had some great returns last game, and he’s even faster. Maybe they see Harris as the better option there. He definitely looks the part.

Man, I just hope there’s a way to keep Grayson. Not only is he capable of returns, but he’s got big play-making ability at receiver, as we’ve seen. Hope it doesn’t come down to a numbers game.

We don't have alot of speed after Ginn, so Grayson has a value that could push someone like Kirkland off the roster if you consider Smith and the emergence of Butler, those would be your top four recievers .

1. Thomas
2. Ginn
3. Smith
4. Butler
5. Grayson
6. Harris.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom