Deonte Harty signs with the Bills (2yr/9.5M, up to 13.5M) (1 Viewer)

He came out of nowhere to make the team and I’m thankful for his time here in NO. Best of luck up there in Buffalo.

There is a limit? I thought SF or someone got like 6 or 7 this year?
I think 3 were for minority hires by other teams in the last two years for GM and Head Coach

With this we are +2 on comp picks, we can sign 2 guys in the 6 million dollar range and still have 4 comp picks.
Your post made me acutely aware of how little I know about how comp pics are awarded. 😆

Allen has an arm. He will hit Harty with some deep shots and he will be their returner. If he's healthy and his head is in a good place, this will be a good fit for him.

I remember Harty was killing the Bucs in 2020 Divisional game vs Tampa. Had he not gotten injured in that game and Taysom not doinked his knee in the wild card game - we win that game, no doubt in my mind.

He had some nice returns but in 4 seasons with the Saints, Harty scored a total of 5 touchdowns. 4 receiving, 1 as a returner. Glad we didn’t overpay.

Happy for him, not entirely sad he's moved on given that we have Shaheed and haven't even scratched the surface with him yet.

Figured he was a goner. I didn’t even include him in our lineup of weapons. Appreciate all he did while here. Harty was great when he was locked in AND HEALTHY.

Unfortunately, it seems Deontay’s small body may not be able to consistently endure full seasons at the pro level. He also seemed zoned out last season.

Thanks to Shaheed losing Harty isn’t a big issue at all.
💯. On all points.
I figured he was gone too and was always surprised when folks here were listing him in our depth chart when talking about next season.

I'm fine with letting him go but I'm not going to pretend as if he was no value to us.

His short legs allowed him to make cuts at full speed that taller players had to chop down their steps to make. His double moves on go routes were a thing of beauty.

Agreed, margins are so thin in the NFL, were Hardy able to add 15-20lbs to his frame he would have been a totally different player. He has all the measureables, insane quickness, change of direction, field vision, just can’t stay healthy at 170lbs…..

Agreed, margins are so thin in the NFL, were Hardy able to add 15-20lbs to his frame he would have been a totally different player. He has all the measureables, insane quickness, change of direction, field vision, just can’t stay healthy at 170lbs…..
You have to keep Harty outside the numbers to keep him safe. At 5'6" 170...nobody is going to blame you for running OOB. Throw him deep...let him return KOs...no punts and he can be dangerous.

I'd also use him in Jet Sweeps or in motion shuffle passes, he can get lost behind the Oline real easy....that's the only between the numbers play I'd use him on

You have to keep Harty outside the numbers to keep him safe. At 5'6" 170...nobody is going to blame you for running OOB. Throw him deep...let him return KOs...no punts and he can be dangerous.

I'd also use him in Jet Sweeps or in motion shuffle passes, he can get lost behind the Oline real easy....that's the only between the numbers play I'd use him on

He is very effective on jet sweeps but that is a high risk play for a player of his stature, I believe one of his injuries was the result of a hit on a jet sweep (if memory serves)…..

He is very effective on jet sweeps but that is a high risk play for a player of his stature, I believe one of his injuries was the result of a hit on a jet sweep (if memory serves)…..
You might be right about that one...I do vaguely remember taking a shot on one of those come to think of it.

Yeah on second thought just let him run deep

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom