Deposit from Ex Landlord (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
before I bought my home 6 months ago, I was renting a place from a guy who owns a bunch of rental properties. I rented from him for 4 years.
I gave him a month and a half notice (only 30 days were required according to the rental agreement) that I was moving.
I gave him a $600 deposit before I moved in. for the next 3 months he gave me the run around about returning my depisit, and now I can't get in touch with him at all.
what are my options for trying to get back my deposit?
any advice from the SR gurus?

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

Do you know an attorney? A simple demand letter should do the trick, as long as you know his address. Send it certified mail.

If you have a valid lease, odds are he has 30 days to return deposit minus any damage from point you moved out as long as you didn't leave before lease expired.

SEnd him a letter in writing. He has 30 days to return the deposit and itemize the expenses which he deducted from your deposit.

This is a helpful brochure put together by the Louisiana AG

http://www.ag.state.la.us/shared/viewdoc.aspx?type=3&doc=220

cool, thanks..
can I send a registered letter to a PO Box or does it have to be a physical address?

I was thinking I would have to threaten to take him to small claims court. hopefully it won't go that far..

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom