Derek Barnett is a Dream Pick for NO (1 Viewer)

I'm going to pretend this is a sarcastic answer related to my crusade against us drafting Jones a couple of years ago. :hihi:

Michael Sam

I had forgotten about Sam lol. You were right about Jones though. He's been pretty much a bust in Pitt.

Yes, it's Michael Sam. He didn't even make it in the CFL. Completely out of football now.

I have been doing a lot of research on Barnett, i wouldnt go as far as calling him a dream pick, I would call him a safe pick. While he checks off the boxes mentioned the two things that may hold him back at the next level is that he lacks ideal length and that quick first step.

I think as a rookie he will give a team 6-8 sacks but will probably cap out at 8-10 per year after that. He is also a bit of a polarizing player as far as draft value goes. I've seen him as high as 6 and as low as 19th in mock drafts.

The combine wil be very important to Barnett mire than Garrett who is a consensus top pick. If Barnett measures out good in arm length and explosiveness he will go top ten. He will definitely be one to follow at the combine to see where his draft stock solidifies.

Even if we don't get Barnett, Carl Lawson isn't as polished but has a higher ceiling and Tim Williams are both players to consider.

On a side note would anyone be upset if we double dipped at DE in the draft? Barnett or Lawson in the 1st and Harold Landry in the 3rd?

Whatever it takes to get a pass rush.
And a guard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom