Derek Carr Highlight Videos: (1 Viewer)

Derek Carr has more fourth quarter comebacks than any other Quarterback since he entered the NFL.
Is being behind in the 4th quarter good or bad?

Kidding aside, I remember seeing him running dead into the rush, and I remember him missing wide-open receivers. So there's more to clutchness than comebacks. I think lifetime win percentage, QB rating, completion percentage, and interceptions tell you more.

Is being behind in the 4th quarter good or bad?

Kidding aside, I remember seeing him running dead into the rush, and I remember him missing wide-open receivers. So there's more to clutchness than comebacks. I think lifetime win percentage, QB rating, completion percentage, and interceptions tell you more.
This thread has multiple videos of him doing the opposite of what you are saying late in the fourth or in overtime.

You don’t read the article, just the headlines huh?

I think Jackson Krueger does a good job with his film breakdowns.

I know JT O’Sullivan had one video where he broke down some of Carr’s struggles in the last couple weeks of the season. But the flip side is he had been really good the previous couple seasons when operating an offense with the same concepts as ours.

I don’t think he forgot how to play overnight. Rather, I think he’s probably better suited for what we run.

If you want the highlights, you'll see QB who reads and sees the field well, gets rid of the ball in about 3 seconds typically, can gun it or throw with touch, is pretty accurate, and can run a little when he has too.

If you watch the lowlights, you'll see a QB who sometimes gets flustered and tries to force the ball when the receivers are covered, leading to interceptions (he has a lot of them).

This is who he is. You get Carr, you get both of those. Maybe the risky throws can be coached out of him, but I doubt it. He's played long enough that he is likely to fall back on bad habits when things don't work right.

Would I take Carr. Yes, but not at his current contract. He needs a prove-it deal. And the Saints need to draft a QB with a higher potential ceiling as insurance.

If you want the highlights, you'll see QB who reads and sees the field well, gets rid of the ball in about 3 seconds typically, can gun it or throw with touch, is pretty accurate, and can run a little when he has too.

If you watch the lowlights, you'll see a QB who sometimes gets flustered and tries to force the ball when the receivers are covered, leading to interceptions (he has a lot of them).

This is who he is. You get Carr, you get both of those. Maybe the risky throws can be coached out of him, but I doubt it. He's played long enough that he is likely to fall back on bad habits when things don't work right.

Would I take Carr. Yes, but not at his current contract. He needs a prove-it deal. And the Saints need to draft a QB with a higher potential ceiling as insurance.
“He throws a lot of interceptions” is a bit of a mischaracterization when you look at the number of attempts.

For example, last year, he was 16th in INT/ATT. Better than Burrow, Tua, Josh Allen, tied with Herbert and slightly behind Hurts and Mahomes.

The previous season, he was better than Brady, Allen, Russ and plenty others.

It definitely jumped this past season.

But I also think you have to ask “why?” And since it was the first year in a new system (and his previous system was similar to ours), I’d feel good about taking a chance.

yea he

and if you only watch one watch this one:

If we signed Carr he would immediately be the 2nd best QB the Saints have ever had.

yea he can move and can make every throw. id take him. can we get the TE morreu as well?

“He throws a lot of interceptions” is a bit of a mischaracterization when you look at the number of attempts.

For example, last year, he was 16th in INT/ATT. Better than Burrow, Tua, Josh Allen, tied with Herbert and slightly behind Hurts and Mahomes.

The previous season, he was better than Brady, Allen, Russ and plenty others.

It definitely jumped this past season.

Agreed, even though he TD rates are sometimes pretty low as well but....

But I also think you have to ask “why?” And since it was the first year in a new system (and his previous system was similar to ours), I’d feel good about taking a chance.
Asking "why" and then evaluating them based off learning and playing in a new system is a privilege that isn't afforded to everyone..

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom