Derek Carr will push New Orleans Saints far as Cinderella team of 2023 NFL season (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1680202584710.png

By Adam Schein | NFL.com

Cinderella danced again!

Yes, it's that time of year. Having watched yet another wild, delicious, delirious period of NFL free agency frenzy coincide with the genius of the NCAA men's basketball tournament -- March Madness abounds! -- I'm ready to unveil my annual choice for the Cinderella team of the 2023 NFL season.

And after my Cinderella picks fizzled down the stretch for two straight years (the 2020 Arizona Cardinals and 2021 Los Angeles Chargers), my selection in 2022, the Miami Dolphins, rode Mike McDaniel's Tyreek Hill-led offense into the postseason.

This isn't actually meant to be a playoff prediction -- I'm thinking more about teams that can put together a Horatio Alger-like rags-to-riches story and less about whether they can extend their season past Week 18. But I'm not going to lie, it's extra satisfying when my choice for Cinderella waltzes into January. I kicked off this annual exercise with three consecutive playoff-qualifying Cinderellas (the 2017 Jacksonville Jaguars, 2018 Chicago Bears, and 2019 Buffalo Bills), and, well, it's good to get back on that track!

Before we go any further, a reminder of my criteria: Candidates must have missed the playoffs in the previous season, and they shouldn't be considered Super Bowl contenders going forward (this knocks out the Jets, whom I would rank among the top six teams in the NFL once Aaron Rodgers is officially in the fold).

Full Story - NFL.com

More Saints-Related News

Last edited:
Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom