Derek Carr world tour thread (updated with combine visits) (4 Viewers)

ESPN has reported that Saints and Raiders have agreed on compensation. Deal may get done before 2/15.

That's just a prerequisite for Carr to visit a team. It doesn't mean that a deal is imminent. Unless the Saints blow Carr away with an offer, which I hope they don't do, he's better off going to FA so I think it's still unlikely. It's still a good sign, though.

But, it's kinda interesting that you're getting Tweets from MT about his contract. :unsure:

The only stat that is truly valid is games missed. Carr missed 3 in 9 YEARS. JW played 3 games in 9 years :) Technically, if you look at Bree’s stats in his one and done playoff games, you’d probably think he’s a terrible Qb.
Old broken Brees? Nice cherry-picking there. Carr isn’t in the same stratosphere as Drew.

And welcome to the forum, Mrs. Carr. 😊

The only stat that is truly valid is games missed. Carr missed 3 in 9 YEARS. JW played 3 games in 9 years :) Technically, if you look at Bree’s stats in his one and done playoff games, you’d probably think he’s a terrible Qb.
You are right on this front. He is messing up the best ability that anyone can have..lol.

No one saw Top-15 All-Time Great QB in San Diego Brees' future, but he was still only 27 years old, his career arc was on the upswing, and it was perfectly reasonable to believe that he hadn't yet hit his ceiling.

Carr will be 32 by Opening Day 2023, and it's most likely that the best we've seen of him is the best we're going to get. And whereas Payton was unproven as a head coach, one could say that Dennis Allen is very much proven 🥴. In other words, if there's any upside left to be squeezed out of Carr, Allen ain't the guy to do the squeezing...

This feels like the kind of move that will land us solidly in the Kirk Cousins Purgatory of 1 playoff win, maybe 2... tops. If either Carr or Allen possess the grit, moxie, and streak of brilliance required to manufacture a serious run, I will be pleasantly surprised. But at least the regular seasons will be meaningful again....

Raiders' fans think it will be our 29th pick in this year's draft 🤣
You laugh but I’m worried.
Foles and Jimmy G made a helluva lot less money than what Carr is making. Hard to build a SB-caliber roster around a non-elite QB when you're paying him elite QB dough.
💯 this all day. Folks are clamoring for anything better than what we had last season. And I get that.

Carr has some leverage in this with his no trade clause. He'll be able to pick his team and the Raiders will have to either accept the compensation offered or decide to keep him. If he decides on the Saints, they shouldn't offer more than a 5th or 6th rounder to the Raiders to take his contract off their hands.
We shouldn’t offer them jack sheet but that’s not how this FO rolls.

The compensation package could be centered around cap hit responsibility. If we can successfully get the Raiders to eat some cash, that alone would be worth a mid round pick as opposed to chancing it with free agency.

In the context of a sentence, I would call you "my guy."
Whelp that didn't last long. You're already tap dancing and double speaking trying to convince people that Winston isn't your guy and you don't carry water for him.

I don't know why you're so afraid of just admitting that Winston is your guy. Don't know why you try so hard to convince people that Winston isn't your guy. It's been painfully obvious to everyone for some time now and no amount of snark on your part hides it.
I've made "point in time" statistical comparisons...
So you do admit that you have in fact made statistical comparisons between Winston and other hall of fame QB's like Manning.

Again, why try to act like you didn't and try to tap dance and double speak your way around just admitting that you did?

You act like you have to defend and carry water for Winston on the down low, like you're and undercover PR agent for him and you don't want people to find that out.

You've made your opinion very clear. You've done everything you can to convince people here that Winston is a great QB that has been held back from his greatness by every NFL coach he's had.

Sadly for you and your guy, the NFL GM's and coaches don't seem to share your opinion of Winston.

Last edited:
Would really love to have him here, just thinking though we will find out today that he is visiting the Falcons on Thursday, the Bucks on Friday then the Jets on Saturday who he ends up signing with
We have been here before
I’m thinking the same, unless every other team has Jimmy G as a backup plan to bid for if Carr doesn’t get released.

Would really love to have him here, just thinking though we will find out today that he is visiting the Falcons on Thursday, the Bucks on Friday then the Jets on Saturday who he ends up signing with
We have been here before
So true. Then SSF member will continue to proceed to say that the cap isn’t a big deal. We’ve seen this play out timeafter time

Say that happens and Allen continues to be the road block to winning. As long as Loomis moves on from him then we look a lot more attractive for a future coach than we currently do. You have a top half of the league QB and then you can continue to build the team.

While I think Carmichael had issues he was stuck with a QB who refused to throw it to guys unless they were completely open, had no mobility and zero ability to make any sort of clutch play when needed. Carmichael is frustrating but I wouldn't be surprised if he was forced to go conservative by Allen and hamstrung by abysmal QB play.
Yep, I love piling on Carmichael, but you’re right about the QB he had to work with. He was basically as mobile as a tackling dummy.

Would really still like to know if Carmichael had freedom to call plays he wanted to or if Allen limited him. We’ll never know unless a player leaks it.

I recommend you do the same.
Those 6 sacks are brought up but no one mentioned the fact that back injury was in place and he ruptured that tendon in the first half of the game. 2 of the 3 sacks in the first half were coverage sacks and the other sack in the first half was this:

guess.PNG

With no motion and all of your possible receivers this close together, how do you diagnose this presnap? I would like to know how you would call protection and would love to hear about that hot route..lol. And if you look at the play, Jameis couldn't step into the throw because David was in his face, so what good is a hot route when you don't have time to throw it. And the kicker is this is how the formation looked on a lot of those sacks where Underhill talks about what one should have seen. Didn't hear much of that when Daltons was talking sacks left and right, but I digress. And in the Bucs game, we still don't hear about the impact that Ingram's fumble in the red zone had in that game but we sure heard about it when he came up 1 yard short on a 2nd down.

And also, let's talk about the Carolina game, where Kamara's fumbles, penalties killing majority of the drives, and Lutz getting a field goal blocked and missing one all but drowned us against the Panthers.

But at the end of the day, no matter how you slice it, with a messed up back and ruptured tendon, Jameis played better than Carr in their last 3 games. One gets excuses and the other doesn't.
PREACH!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom