Derek Carr world tour thread (updated with combine visits) (2 Viewers)

We couldn’t win 10 games in Brees final year.

The highest rated rookie at 29 will be a dart throw at best. I’d bet good money that Carr outplays them. We’d have to trade up to have a legit chance to have a rookie franchise QB, but the cost would likely be our next years 1st
Not better than Lamar or hurst both drafted late I’m not buying it

The only stat that is truly valid is games missed. Carr missed 3 in 9 YEARS. JW played 3 games in 9 years :) Technically, if you look at Bree’s stats in his one and done playoff games, you’d probably think he’s a terrible Qb.
And probably responsible for the same amount of wins lol

Mobile QBs is where it’s at the last fossil has retired id hate being the last team to get with the program when those QBs been serving us year after year

You know why Lamar is available? Because he’s terribly inaccurate and has not played a full season in the last 5 years. He also has Never thrown more than 3150 yards in a season ever. I know he plays a different style, RPO, but I’ve never liked that style because it leads to an injured QB. So give him Watson money for what 12 games a season? And I like the guy too. He’d be an upgrade over AD. But not JW, because there’s no one better than JW. :)
Yes, give the young talented former MVP that kind of money. Pay him.Besides Andrews please tell Me a legitimate weapon that Lamar Jackson has had while he is in Baltimore. Look at his yardage running as well. The College game is now the NFL game. Look at the playoff QB’s. Under 30. Mobile, RPO wrinkles. This is not an accident. Look at defenses. 4-2-5 hybrid looks. 230 lbs safety, and linebackers. The word tweener does not exist anymore. The word is now speed.

Last edited:
Yes, give the young talented former MVP that kind of money. Besides Andrews please tell
Me a legitimate weapon that Lamar Jackson has had while he is in Baltimore. Do you even watch football??

Marquise Brown. They traded him because they were about to have to give him a big payday that wasn't worth it for them with Jackson throwing him the ball.

And we don't have the kind of money for Lamar Jackson, he's basically wanting a fully guaranteed contract like what Watson got. Loomis designs these contracts so he can move money around later, that can't happen with a fully guaranteed contract.

Marquise Brown. They traded him because they were about to have to give him a big payday that wasn't worth it for them with Jackson throwing him the ball.

And we don't have the kind of money for Lamar Jackson, he's basically wanting a fully guaranteed contract like what Watson got. Loomis designs these contracts so he can move money around later, that can't happen with a fully guaranteed contract.
Hollywood brown is not a number 1 wide reciever. He had almost 100 catches in Baltimore because of Lamar. He has never been anywhere close to that production anywhere else.
What is the argument? Do not pay a 26 year old former MVP 55 million dollars a year to pay a 31 year old QB 40 million a year? At 26 Lamar has been to one more playoff series than Carr, and has actually one a playoff game. If you don’t want to go get the best. Then go draft and develop.

Last edited:
Hollywood brown is not a number 1 wide reciever. He had almost 100 catches in Baltimore because of Lamar. He has never been anywhere close to that production anywhere else.
What is the argument? Do not pay a 26 year old former MVP 55 million dollars a year to pay a 31 year old QB 40 million a year? At 26 Lamar has been to one more playoff series than Carr, and has actually one a playoff game. If you don’t want to go get the best. Then go draft and develop.

You're not understanding what a fully guaranteed contract is. Giving one to a running QB who has missed 9 games in the last 2 years would be the height of stupidity.

Y'all complain about availability with guys like Thomas, Peat and Davenport missing games, their contracts pale in comparison to what Jackson wants. We were able to get out of Thomas' contract without sinking the franchise thanks to the way Loomis structured it. You don't have that option with Jackson. If his injuries get worse, there's no cutting bait with him. Your franchise is crippled for the remainder of the contract.

You're not understanding what a fully guaranteed contract is. Giving one to a running QB who has missed 9 games in the last 2 years would be the height of stupidity.

Y'all complain about availability with guys like Thomas, Peat and Davenport missing games, their contracts pale in comparison to what Jackson wants. We were able to get out of Thomas' contract without sinking the franchise thanks to the way Loomis structured it. You don't have that option with Jackson. If his injuries get worse, there's no cutting bait with him. Your franchise is crippled for the remainder of the contract.
I understand a fully guaranteed contract. Lamar didn’t play because he didn’t want to get hurt. Do you not remember the discussions? Why play and tear an ACL on a rookie contract. I do not blame him. Philosophically. I believe you blow up the team. You trade MT, Kamara, and you go get young. If you are going to pay a money to Carr. Then go get a more talented, younger, better QB.

Whelp that didn't last long. You're already tap dancing and double speaking trying to convince people that Winston isn't your guy and you don't carry water for him.

I don't know why you're so afraid of just admitting that Winston is your guy. Don't know why you try so hard to convince people that Winston isn't your guy. It's been painfully obvious to everyone for some time now and no amount of snark on your part hides it.
I don't carry water for anyone.
Instead of staying ignorant about a player that I had prior reservations about, I did my due diligence and actually looked into his career and "what went wrong." In doing that, I realized that dude was a lot better than he was given credit for and we got someone who has the talent to take our franchise far if put in the position to do so and all it cost us was a bag of Golden Flake BBQ Chips and a Grapico. That's why I can go further in my evaluation.

For instance, how many people bring up 30 interceptions without realizes that 16 of them came in a span of 4 games and those games were the ones that you could put on Jameis. But when I ask about the other 5 games that they loss, it forces your position that the 2019 Bucs didn't have a winning record or make it to the playoffs because of 30 interceptions, because at the end of the day, this is a factually incorrect statement. But most would rather stay in ignorance than confront their bias. :shrug:

So you do admit that you have in fact made statistical comparisons between Winston and other hall of fame QB's like Manning.

Again, why try to act like you didn't and try to tap dance and double speak your way around just admitting that you did?

You act like you have to defend and carry water for Winston on the down low, like you're and undercover PR agent for him and you don't want people to find that out.

You've made your opinion very clear. You've done everything you can to convince people here that Winston is a great QB that has been held back from his greatness by every NFL coach he's had.

Sadly for you and your guy, the NFL GM's and coaches don't seem to share your opinion of Winston.
I have and I'll do it again because guess what, it is valid. It's called a point in time comparison. You can't fathom that someone who you actually like could have been statically equivalent to someone that you have a bias against. I guess the fact that Peyton and Jameis were dang near statistically equivalent rubbed you the wrong way because "how dare someone compare Jameis to a hall of famer at the same point in their career." And I guess you do that because it forces you to reevaluate your criticisms based on the fact that you have information that can't be refuted. lol

And I don't need to convince of anything about Jameis. I put the facts (without bias and emotion) out there and let you figure it out yourself.

And the fact remains that you did all of that and you still can't tell me what makes Carr an upgrade and back it up with anything of substance. I can speak to what's good and bad with Carr but everything that I pointed out highlights valid concerns that no one addresses. I bet you didn't even know Carr was that bad as it relates to TD rate and being horrible in the red zone. lol

But the difference between you and I is if we pick up Carr, I will still root for him completely because he wears the Black and Gold. Ask yourself if you've done that..

Also, while a appreciate the new guys gusto and desire to have Lamar come here, there’s just no way I can see it, like realistically we may be able to do some crazy stuff for Carrs contract but Lamar wants over 250 million!

There is just absolutely no way we can do it more does a guy like him warrant that kind of money based on the fact that he can’t last a whole season. The way he’s publicly played this out doesn’t thrill me either, I suspect he may have been healthy enough to play in their playoff game and said nope

And casuals still can't tell anyone why Carr is an upgrade over Dalton or Winston ;)
Not sure you why you would call someone who’s been on here years longer than you and posted twice as much as you a casual. I think it may be the opposite I think the casual fan on here got inspired by Winston, because their eyes don’t know football, but they see this stats and they lose their mind soiling their pants that this guy is a saviour!

But the problem, and trust me, if you’re a real football guy, you know stats don’t tell the whole picture. If your a football guy and you watched Jamie’s play even under Payton, you saw a very short leash for him but he still was a deer in the headlights his body language was horrific, he was skittish and he was getting very very lucky on slot of bad throws. Last season it was amplified with the leash off. He reverted back to the guy we laughed at the prospect of playing when he was in Tampa.

You can twist stats until your blue in the face about Dalton and Carr too but the fact is this, Dalton knew how to run the offence he was poised and calm and the team played way better around him.

Carr when allowed to be the guy he can be is better than both and I know that for a fact as I watch that division closely as well. Carr regressed under McDaniels this year because it wasn’t a match in terms of offensive scheme. Carrs trajectory was on an upward trend year over year before that.

You have to watch how the guy plays the game it’s simple as that. Carr has done a lot more with a lot less than Winston o can tell you that. You always bring up Tampa Bay but he had alot more taken around him than Carr ever has.

Not sure you why you would call someone who’s been on here years longer than you and posted twice as much as you a casual. I think it may be the opposite I think the casual fan on here got inspired by Winston, because their eyes don’t know football, but they see this stats and they lose their mind soiling their pants that this guy is a saviour!

But the problem, and trust me, if you’re a real football guy, you know stats don’t tell the whole picture. If your a football guy and you watched Jamie’s play even under Payton, you saw a very short leash for him but he still was a deer in the headlights his body language was horrific, he was skittish and he was getting very very lucky on slot of bad throws. Last season it was amplified with the leash off. He reverted back to the guy we laughed at the prospect of playing when he was in Tampa.

You can twist stats until your blue in the face about Dalton and Carr too but the fact is this, Dalton knew how to run the offence he was poised and calm and the team played way better around him.

Carr when allowed to be the guy he can be is better than both and I know that for a fact as I watch that division closely as well. Carr regressed under McDaniels this year because it wasn’t a match in terms of offensive scheme. Carrs trajectory was on an upward trend year over year before that.

You have to watch how the guy plays the game it’s simple as that. Carr has done a lot more with a lot less than Winston o can tell you that. You always bring up Tampa Bay but he had alot more taken around him than Carr ever has.

Here are some odd stats:

-Winston Signed with Saints Spring 2020
— Jahsoul Joined SSF Spring 2020

- Jaboo?
— Jahsouuuul?

- Winston was an afterthought on here for years
— Jahsoul has made Hundreds and Hundreds of posts detailing stats, reasonings, bias’ and weird little info only he seems to know in an attempt to make people take up for Winston.

Conclusion:

Most Likely - Jahsoul IS Jaboo
Kinda Likely - Jahsoul is an obsessed Winston fan that followed him from Tampa
Somewhat Likely - Jahsoul is either Jaboos relative or girlfriend or agent trying to spin the narrative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom