Derrick Peguess(Miss.State) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What you guys think about the safety from Mississippi State Derrick Peguess. He is a ball-hawk fellas. I think he would be a good upgrade over Bullocks.

In the offseason I would cut Bullocks and start KK and draft a young safety if not in the 7 rounds in the supplemental draft.

But all in all Peguess is a ball-hawk.

Dude is very good. Is he even declaring this year though?

I said this after the Liberty Bowl....and pretty much all year, but I don't think he's coming out early......I haven't heard anything anyway.

Plus the guy can play corner as well....he was only moved to Safety because of lack of talent. He is also a heck of a punt and kick returner.

I would love to see him in Black and Gold.

Last edited:
i'm a State fan thru and thru and that kid IS A BONIFIED BEAST!!!! i love watchin him play, he's around the ball every single play

I've been thinking a lot about how he could help us. He is an absolute playmaker. It will have to be down the line though. Unless he has changed his mind in the past 48 hours, he is not coming out this year.

And he led his high school team to several stat championships at QB.

South Panola High School has won 74 or 75 straight games going into 2008 season.

Good ball skills, fast, below-average tackler.

We could use some playmakers, however.

Is he projected as a safety at the next level?

He's not a very good safety. He's an incredible athlete, great ball handler, sort of a "poor man's Devin Hester", but like Devin Hester is somewhat mismatched on defense. Honestly, i'm still mildly shocked State didn't use him on offense.

He's not a very good safety. He's an incredible athlete, great ball handler, sort of a "poor man's Devin Hester", but like Devin Hester is somewhat mismatched on defense. Honestly, i'm still mildly shocked State didn't use him on offense.

Well yes and no Spam...this was his first season at Safety. He played his first two years at CB. He was forced to moved to safety due to lack of talented safeties on the team and he is the best athlete at MSU for sure. He's still learning the position so I think he will improve.

I to wanted to see him play some offense to utilize his speed and catching ability. Maybe next year, but he did improve at the Safety position throughout the year and another year at the position, again, I only expect him to get better unless they move him back to CB or heck they might move him to WR or have him play both ways....he's certainly gifted enough to do it.

He did have some key pass defenses this season especially late and in the Liberty Bowl along with Ints and a couple of punt returns for TD's. As for tackling, that has improved this year and he is a pretty harder hitter as well.

I think he has something like 7 TD's off of Ints and returns the last two years. When he gets the ball in his hands he is a threat to take it to the house. He does seem to be around the ball a lot and this is a good thing.

Unless he decides by Jan 15th, which I think is the deadline to commit to coming out early he will be back at MSU but I like I said I would love to see him end up in New Orleans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom