Dershowitz: 'Appalling' Obama 'Stabbed Israel in Back' With UN Abstention (1 Viewer)

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Strong words from a staunch Democrat.

https://www.google.com/amp/insider.foxnews.com/amp/article/53264

Dershowitz said Obama will be remembered as one of the worst presidents in the foreign policy arena and said he created a "terrible conflict" for people who share other tenets of his ideology.

"Many [liberal Democrats] like me who support his domestic policy think he was an appalling... president when it came to foreign policy," Dershowitz said.

He said the president once invited him to the White House and asked personally for his support, promising that he would "always have Israel's back."

"I didn't realize what [Obama] meant is that he would have their back to stab them," Dershowitz said, "This will make peace much more difficult to achieve because the Palestinians will now say 'we can get a state through the UN'."

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Israel doesn't deserve carte blanche land settling. They need to get back to where they were years ago about sharing with an actual Palestinian state.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
"I didn't realize what [Obama] meant is that he would have their back to stab them," Dershowitz said, "This will make peace much more difficult to achieve because the Palestinians will now say 'we can get a state through the UN'."
The bolded sounds really familiar. It seems to me that something like this has happen before and it benefited one people at the expense of another. One might think it would be fair if the UN did grant Palestine full statehood and an apology for sanctioning their subjugation.

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why?

Im curious to know just what level of knowledge you have regarding Israel and US relations.

Or is it simply "because...its Israel"?
You think it got that far? You think the thought process was that complex?

I don't.

He just read the word "Obama" and that's all it took

Just seeing the word "Obama" is a trigger for "oh Lord please January 20, aka Christmas the Second, can't come soon enough!"

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
Conservatives are all about cutting foreign aid and whatever, how do you reconcile that with the desire to continue being Israel's goon squad on an international stage?

This seems like one of those "bad deals" that Trump promised to get rid of.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
You think it got that far? You think the thought process was that complex?

I don't.

He just read the word "Obama" and that's all it took

Just seeing the word "Obama" is a trigger for "oh Lord please January 20, aka Christmas the Second, can't come soon enough!"
Nor do i.

I just wanted to hear the true explanation. ( which we already know...just confirmation lol )

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nor do i.

I just wanted to hear the true explanation. ( which we already know...just confirmation lol )
seek but ye shan't find
knock but the door will remained closed to you
for everyone that hath asketh him to defend his posts has not received
and he that seekth findeth naught
and him that knocketh findeth only bruised knuckles

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Israel is probably the topic where Obama strayed the most from the Democratic party status quo, and I for one have no problem with it. Being our ally doesn't mean you just get free money from us to commit whatever atrocities you want.

If someone who has no religious or cultural ties to Israel could give a decent argument for why it benefits the U.S. to give them so much unabashed support, I would be happy to listen.

Scuderi

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm absolutely amazed by how many of you can handle foreign policy so well. Know exactly what to do to solve the problems at hand! It's marvelous.

staphory

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm absolutely amazed by how many of you can handle foreign policy so well. Know exactly what to do to solve the problems at hand! It's marvelous.
What a garbage post! Add something! Don't just drive by and toss a hand grenade.
Try to stake a position and defend it.

Scuderi

Rookie
Reaction score
What a garbage post! Add something! Don't just drive by and toss a hand grenade.
Try to stake a position and defend it.
If I honestly thought any of us had credible knowledge on this topic, I'd love to debate it. However, that's simply not the case. I don't like to pretend I know things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom