DE's? (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
We know Can Jordan is safe and I believe he move to the right side now. But Will Smith looks to be cut. Junior and Tez should move to rush LB and McBride while capable in the 3-4 cant stay healthy. We will need 2-3 DE's now.

Tom Johnson and Tyrunn Walker have the size for DE so do they make it or not? They aren't big enough for NT.

This is going to be really exciting to see how this unfolds.

Im still thinking Tez Wilson's best fit will be strongside ILB. He's played MLB in college, he doesnt have the hip flexibility of rush linebacker, and quite honestly, he didnt look too great when rushing from the outside when playing DE. He has outstanding straighline speed and great physicality. I think he would also match up well with TE's in zone coverage, and coming in on blitzs.

Cam looks to be a solid DE, probably weakside. We still need a strongside DE. It's not Will Smith, period. I think Bunkley could probaly do it, but I have a feeling Hicks will be the guy. He played DE in Canada (although a different style) and his a great athelete. We see his weight and this he is this big fat guy, but he really is built well. Or maybe Tom Johnson...I dont know. It will be interesting.

Things will become more clear once we get a coach and know what style of 3-4 they run.

I think Bunkley could probaly do it, but I have a feeling Hicks will be the guy. He played DE in Canada (although a different style) and his a great athelete.

Are we sure Hicks won't play NT?

6'5", at least 325 lbs, an ability to push the pocket and anchor against the run = a great 3-4 NT to me.:idunno:

Honestly with the way our defense has played over the past few years who ever we do bring in as D.C. needs to do an open competition for each position. Obviously your track record as a 4-3 player (except for the secondary) is not going to translate into a 3-4. That's why I'm hoping we bring in someone like Crennel who is good at utilizing talent and putting the right players in the right position, or a young up and coming D.C. who can do the same. Of course Jordan will be a DE and Hicks will probably be a NT with a chance of DE. But as far as the rest of the DL guys like Johnson, Walker, Smith (if he's retained), Broughton, and who ever else we have or bring in should be given a chance at any and all positions in the front 7, even Harper should be tried out as a rush OLB.

Im still thinking Tez Wilson's best fit will be strongside ILB. He's played MLB in college,

Really?? I don't see how you wouldnt have Hawthorne and Lofton on the inside. IMO tez would be peferct in this 3-4 scheme but not on the inside. In college I think he was in a 3-4 as well, not MLB.

6'5", at least 325 lbs, an ability to push the pocket and anchor against the run = a great 3-4 NT to me.:idunno:

Apparently a lot of people dont see it that way but I think Hicks would be perfect at NT

Maybe. I just think with his length and athleticism, he'd also make a very good 3-4DE to compliment Cam Jordan.

Honestly, the Saints will put him in the best position, so it really doesn't matter what we think.

Really?? I don't see how you wouldnt have Hawthorne and Lofton on the inside. IMO tez would be peferct in this 3-4 scheme but not on the inside. In college I think he was in a 3-4 as well, not MLB.

Apparently a lot of people dont see it that way but I think Hicks would be perfect at NT
I think he could play both but I think everyone wants him at end because he could have Ngata - esque impact on the rest our dline at DE.

Hicks, johnson, walker, Broughton, Jordan , we are ok at DE, NT we need depth, and Olb, but would love to upgrade S and CB too

What about Greg Romeus? If healthy is he going to fit this scheme? From everything I have heard about him he seems to be a 4-3 DE.
Stats show him as 6'5" 267

Coaches have to keep Cam on the weakside because he is exceptional fast for a DE and with QB's favoring rolling to their right we need to utilize his speed there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom