N/S Deshaun Watson Decision (UPDATE: League and PA agree to 11 games, $5M fine) (1 Viewer)

Not defending what Watson did... but some people here need to learn the difference between rape.... and paying for sexual favors with some alleged sexual advances that were not reciprocated... which turned into a mass money grab of civil suits... that didn't have enough evidence to warrant a single criminal indictment. Huge difference folks.
Pretty much

I never claimed it was rape.

It's also not "sexual advances". Unless you have a wide disgusting view on what that means to you. The term your looking for is sexual ASSAULT.

Two things can be true.

Someone else did... I wasn't responding to you initially... And you are arguing semantics... I am talking about evidence and proof. There wasn't enough evidence to prove sexual assault... Just a bunch of claims that ended in money exchanging hands... and no one being charged with a crime.

Someone else did... I wasn't responding to you initially... And you are arguing semantics... I am talking about evidence and proof. There wasn't enough evidence to prove sexual assault... Just a bunch of claims that ended in money exchanging hands... and no one being charged with a crime.

Absolutely there wasn't enough factual evidence to prove it in court. So it makes sense they would settle it out of court.

There's also a lot of circumstantial evidence such as Watson seeing over SIXTY massage therapists in a 17 month period. Especially when the team has their own staff. Something about smoke and fire...

A bit insensitive to call it a "mass money grab".

Absolutely there wasn't enough factual evidence to prove it in court. So it makes sense they would settle it out of court.

There's also a lot of circumstantial evidence such as Watson seeing over SIXTY massage therapists in a 17 month period. Especially when the team has their own staff. Something about smoke and fire...

A bit insensitive to call it a "mass money grab".

That's exactly what is it... A money grab.... Until Proven otherwise... Again, his conduct is disgusting, and even deviant IMO... But not criminal until proven so. It's not insensitive... to state facts. It's insensitive to make assumptions without proof or evidence.

I mentioned Kraft a little while back because I don't think there should be a distinction between players' and owners' discipline. Kraft's case was dropped even though he was caught in a sting, and no criminal charges were brought against Watson. I'm not making a moral argument, I just don't like when the NFL is arbitrary.

I mentioned Kraft a little while back because I don't think there should be a distinction between players' and owners' discipline. Kraft's case was dropped even though he was caught in a sting, and no criminal charges were brought against Watson. I'm not making a moral argument, I just don't like when the NFL is arbitrary.
Yep, Kraft got off so scot-free that no one ever talks about it. Did that not "tarnish the shield" as much as anything else?

Great work, NFL! Way to dig your heels in and stick it to this totally not depraved incel. He must be rolling over in his career's grave. Bravo.

Waiting for that Ray Rice video moment to humanize the victims.

Not defending what Watson did... but some people here need to learn the difference between rape.... and paying for sexual favors with some alleged sexual advances that were not reciprocated... which turned into a mass money grab of civil suits... that didn't have enough evidence to warrant a single criminal indictment. Huge difference folks.
So your ok with your daughter, sister, mother, niece giving Watson a massage treatment.... got it.... Women just got a slap across the face for speaking up...

So your ok with your daughter, sister, mother, niece giving Watson a massage treatment.... got it.... Women just got a slap across the face for speaking up...

If they choose to do so.... yeah. If they accept money for it... yeah. I don't control their actions or decisions if they are of legal age... I have all of the above... I'd tell them the same thing. If a crime was committed, and you want justice... don't accept hush money... file a criminal report, get a lawyer, make a public statement, get some proof, and let's nail this bastid and put him behind bars. That's not what's happening here....

how about this one? Payton gets a year for bounty and Watson rapes 25 women and gets 6 games? GTHOH!
When was he convicted of rape? Seriously?

Do I think he did improper things? Yes.
Do I think he probably comitted a crime, something that with evidence would fall in the realm of rape? Yes.

Did a jury convict him of a crime? No. In fact two seperate grand juries decided there was not the evidence to even bring an indictment...

I would not want any woman I know alone in a room with him, but that is because of a speculative belief... not proof of any kind, and certainly not a conviction. That is the court of public opinion.

Without a conviction or some sort of concrete evidence this was always going to be the result. It was what previous precident had established was the limit in the absence of those things. (Raplesburger)

Basically he is being punished for putting himself in a position to be accused, not utilizing team/league masseurs and exposing the league to negative press and community relations ... he is not being punished for a crime, because how could the NFL punish him for a crime the criminal justice system will not even bring to trial?

The players union would have thrown a fit if it had been more... they cannot have accusations with no substantial backing costing their members seasons. Unless convicted of a crime, damning video/text/audio/photo evidence emerges, or he just admits guilt... this is the limit.

It will be appealed and Goodell will impose a longer suspension.
The NFLPA would have to fight that... even if they detest Watson and think he is guilty as hell... they cannot let the league establish that they can suspend players for whole seasons based on accusations and speculation.

Actually if you recall, Raplesberger's suspension was 6 games.. but later reduced to 4.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom