Deshaun Watson returns to Browns (1 Viewer)

This take is wild to me, how are you so sure he’s a sexual predator? We have no clue. You are basing that off of accusations, and there is zero evidence, so far, that would make than an accurate statement. This guilty until proven innocent (which he already was) mindset some of you people have is scary man. If it comes out that there is evidence that proves the accusations true, then throw the book at him, as of right now he’s an innocent man and shouldn’t be treated any other way.
Actually, he's not guilty or innocent. He settled out of court with his accusers, and presumably for a lot of money. He's also not entirely out of the woods yet as there is at least one other accuser who wasn't part of the settlement agreements. I haven't followed his cases recently, so I'm not sure where things are at the moment, but we know he's got a real problem with massages and how he treats women performing them, he's already admitted as much.

He has a problem. And that sort of problem rarely resolves itself. That's not the kind of risk I want associated with my organization. If others want to take on that kind of risk, so be it.

I tell ya that’s not true. I would say there is a portion of the fan base that doesn’t put winning at all costs first. Watson is border line to me. I don’t know what happened but I am sure something happened. To me players like Rice, Carruth, Little, Vick should not be on anyone’s team. That’s just a couple of people off the top of my head. Winning a championship with someone like them should come with an asterisk.
A portion is not the majority, and I did say the owners don't care. Most have engaged in shady activities as billionaires (see Synder, Jerry, and Kraft). If Watson brings success to Cleveland, this will be soon forgotten, like Big Ben's rape allegations years ago.

Umm a little insensitive there my man. As someone who was abused as a child it’s not something you ever forget and get over. It doesn’t hold me back but I absolutely could never forget it. Regardless of my intentions in trying to move on it has absolutely shaped who I am as an adult.
Not insensitive at all. That's why people have become so weak. Walking around feeling like victims or like they are the only person bad things happened to. There is nothing that we go through that people haven't dealt with before. History only repeats itself. There are things written about in the Bible that people still deal with today. Nobody leaves this earth unscathed. We all have a story to tell. I'm a descendant of people who were raped, beaten and killed. And guess what, they kept pushing which is how I got here.

Wanting to be coddled because of what happened is a sign of weakness not strength. Your plight doesn't make you special. Your response to it can though. We celebrate people that overcome adversity. I don't buy into the mindset of pampering people. Put your adult underwear on and handle it. And never forget that no matter what you are dealing with there's somebody that has had it worse. There are women that are brutally beaten and raped by strangers. These women are acting like a man making sexual advances on them that they agreed to touch and massage was as traumatic as that. It wasn't and I will not treat them like it was.

I too was molested as a child. I have never cried about it and expected special attention. I grew up and did the work needed to move on.

Deshuan Watson can go work wherever the heck he wants. I would just hope that the Saints, a multi billion dollar company, would have been smart enough to avoid making a highly publicized sexual predator the face of the company. NFL teams are creatures of routine and habit. They don't like distractions. You know what is a distraction? Having relentless media scrutiny over your qb's penchant for rub and tugs. Maybe the Browns go on to win a Superbowl....and this gets swept under the rug. But I doubt it.
A man who has not been convicted of a crime should not be treated like a criminal. A person who convicts someone of something purely off of publicized accusations needs to reevaluate their standard of proof. I have followed this case closely and have not seen one ounce of evidence proving his guilt. Only the words of these women. And some of their stories have proven to be very shaky. Their attorney is also suspect.

One thing I know for certain about Watson is this, he will be well lubricated for his game against the Saints.

For this week the story will be he is facing his former laughing stock franchise. But the real story is two weeks of in game action will have him sharpened just in time for the Saints game.

A man who has not been convicted of a crime should not be treated like a criminal. A person who convicts someone of something purely off of publicized accusations needs to reevaluate their standard of proof. I have followed this case closely and have not seen one ounce of evidence proving his guilt. Only the words of these women. And some of their stories have proven to be very shaky. Their attorney is also suspect.

Guilt of what?

Not insensitive at all. That's why people have become so weak. Walking around feeling like victims or like they are the only person bad things happened to. There is nothing that we go through that people haven't dealt with before. History only repeats itself. There are things written about in the Bible that people still deal with today. Nobody leaves this earth unscathed. We all have a story to tell. I'm a descendant of people who were raped, beaten and killed. And guess what, they kept pushing which is how I got here.

Wanting to be coddled because of what happened is a sign of weakness not strength. Your plight doesn't make you special. Your response to it can though. We celebrate people that overcome adversity. I don't buy into the mindset of pampering people. Put your adult underwear on and handle it. And never forget that no matter what you are dealing with there's somebody that has had it worse. There are women that are brutally beaten and raped by strangers. These women are acting like a man making sexual advances on them that they agreed to touch and massage was as traumatic as that. It wasn't and I will not treat them like it was.

I too was molested as a child. I have never cried about it and expected special attention. I grew up and did the work needed to move on.
I am not asking for special attention. To be honest it was something I really never talked to anyone about other than my dad. My mom to this day doesn’t know.

My point is there are people who might not handle it as well as you and maybe a little sympathy wouldn’t hurt.

You seem passionate about Watson. I defending him and wanted him as a Saint but it was before he started paying these women off. I believed he was innocent for a long time because he refused to settle.

Now I think he was a little creepy and I don’t believe he forced himself on anyone. I would believe he was very inappropriate in front of some of these ladies and I believe some of these ladies are liars.

Ultimately I prefer the face of the Saints not be someone with this much heat. You won’t change my mind and I am not going to change your mind so I am going to step away from this conversation.

Guilt of what?
That he did what they alleged he did. There has been zero evidence provided in this case other than the words of women who are accepting paydays. No physical proof. No immedieatly going to the police. No actions at all until a huge civil suit arose. That's why the grand jury twice decided not to formally press charges. Their cases didn't have enough proof to stand trial. Yet he has been convicted in the public eye from the moment it first made headlines.

Ask yourself, if the same allegations came out about Drew Brees and there was zero physical proof provided, only words, how many on here would have the same disdain for Drew that they have for Deshaun? This board would be littered with people defending Drew's honor. They would be outraged that somebody would make such a claim against him. Why is that?

There has never been evidence of Watson being anything other than a stand up guy. His character has never been a question mark. If anything, his character was applauded. Now I'm to believe he's secretly a creep because some women said so? It takes more than that for me. I'm not going to act like women have never used the judicial system to hurt men. If you doubt that go to any child support hearing in America and you will see women using the court system to hurt good men. They use their children as pawns to hurt men. They are not angels who would never lie for financial gain. It happens every day in this country.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom