Deshaun Watson returns to Browns (1 Viewer)

Where should a 25 year old pro athlete look for masseuses? The Yellow Pages?

Come on, man.
The are many, very prominent professional physical therapist out there for him to chose from and the teams certainly have a robust list of qualified professionals that they have rapport with that he could have chosen from as well. Yet, he chose to find "masseuses" on Instagram & Craigslist???

C'mon Man!!!!!

Cool. I don't see how. Because I acknowledge that there are evil women in this world? That's a fact.

Because I acknowledge that there are women who lie for money? That's a fact.

Because I know there are people and attorneys who will use the court system to lie and steal money from rich men? Another fact.

Tell me what's troubling about it.
So...remind me again why Watson got an 11 game suspension?

The are many, very prominent professional physical therapist out there
A masseuse is a physical therapist?

and the teams certainly have a robust list of qualified professionals that they have rapport with that he could have chosen from as well.
You know this for a fact? Or just guessing? Have you seen the Texans' list?

Yet, he chose to find "masseuses" on Instagram & Craigslist???
I guess he didn't have the Yellow Pages book handy?

So...remind me again why Watson got an 11 game suspension?
Please don't tell me you use the NFL's decisions as a litmus test for actual guilt or innocence.

He was suspended because of the media circus that was created. The NFL will always appeal to public outcry. That’s who they make their money off of. That's why Kaep lost his career. You think the NFL and Rodger Goodell are interested in justice? I don't. They are interested in their bottom line and they don't want protestors outside of every game he plays and if they are there they don't want the heat to be on them for not doing anything to him.

NFL suspensions are a joke. Josh Gordon has been suspended longer than Watson for smoking weed which is a victimless act. Calvin Ridley got a longer suspension for betting on a game when he wasnt even playing. Roethlisberger got suspended for 6 games even though the rape kit didn't prove he raped anybody and the woman's story changed.

Please don't tell me you use the NFL's decisions as a litmus test for actual guilt or innocence.

He was suspended because of the media circus that was created. The NFL will always appeal to public outcry. That’s who they make their money off of. That's why Kaep lost his career. You think the NFL and Rodger Goodell are interested in justice? I don't. They are interested in their bottom line and they don't want protestors outside of every game he plays and if they are there they don't want the heat to be on them for not doing anything to him.

NFL suspensions are a joke. Josh Gordon has been suspended longer than Watson for smoking weed which is a victimless act. Calvin Ridley got a longer suspension for betting on a game when he wasnt even playing. Roethlisberger got suspended for 6 games even though the rape kit didn't prove he raped anybody and the woman's story changed.
Putting words in my mouth yet again I see. Didn't say anything about using what the NFL does to determine anything. I simply asked you the question.

The rest of your response speaks for itself.

I side with truth. That's the point you keep missing. If you can share one ounce of truth that he is guilty then I'll understand your position. But you can't because there hasn't been any. Two grand juries determined that as well, yet you feel otherwise. Do you know something they don't?

I think there's ample evidence of his serial and predatory behavior in this New York Times article (which did not paywall for me.)

The investigator, who is known to have interviewed at least two accusers:
Robinson determined that Watson had violated the league’s personal conduct policy by engaging in what she described as “predatory” and “egregious” conduct, but she indicated that the N.F.L.’s policies and past rulings inhibited her from meting out stricter punishment.

The pattern in the publicly available information about a newer lawsuit:
The details of this new lawsuit, including the date and location, match the account of a woman who filed a police report against Watson in April 2021. Nguyen said she could not comment on whether this was the same woman.

The fact that Watson required the therapists to sign NDA's for his visits, essentially silencing them for what he likely was about to do.

The fact that the Texans, while denying they knew of his behavior, nevertheless settled the suits against them for supplying Watson with the NDA's.

In July, the Texans reached settlements with 30 women who accused Watson of misconduct, and who “made, or intended to make, claims against the Houston Texans organization,” according to Buzbee. The identities of the six women who reached settlements with the Texans but had not sued Watson are unknown, as are the details of their claim.

One of the women filed a new lawsuit against the Texans in June, alleging that the team “turned a blind eye” to Watson’s behavior toward female massage therapists. The woman said the team enabled Watson by providing him a nondisclosure agreement to give to therapists and by supplying the venue he used for some of his appointments, as The Times reported.

To sum up, in my view you have zero credibility with your opinions, as long as you (1) hold to a standard of truth being absolutist, especially in legal matters where so much is confidential;
(2) with all the distracting immaterial noise you put out about how much you love your momma, how you've been a victim, how he was suspended for causing a media circus, etc.

You are well entitled sir to your opinion that Watson is innocent and the women are financial and attention-seeking predators themselves, or even trampy paid pleasurers. I think your pattern is clear that you are an apologist for powerful men who abuse their power.

Putting words in my mouth yet again I see. Didn't say anything about using what the NFL does to determine anything. I simply asked you the question.

The rest of your response speaks for itself.
You asked why he would have been suspended as if that proves something. If that's not what you meant then don't respond with simple baiting statements and actually explain what you are asking me so I don't have to assume what you are asking.

The NFL suspensions are a joke. That's no secret. The NFL protects itself and is not a measure of justice. So I'm not sure why you have an issue with the rest of my response because once again you make short statements without explanations.

You know this for a fact? Or just guessing? Have you seen the Texans' list?
It's a very, very logical assumption that a billion dollar organization would have resources available to their employees and contractors and seeing how their source of income come from pro athletes, it is more than safe to say that they would have such a list. They would be negligent if they didn't.

You think these guys found Dr. Andrews in the yellow pages?

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
You asked why he would have been suspended as if that proves something. If that's not what you meant then don't respond with simple baiting statements and actually explain what you are asking me so I don't have to assume what you are asking.

The NFL suspensions are a joke. That's no secret. The NFL protects itself and is not a measure of justice. So I'm not sure why you have an issue with the rest of my response because once again you make short statements without explanations.
Because your points have been answered numerous times in the thread. What explanation is needed?

I asked the question because I was wondering what your explanation would be. You answered. I don't agree with the answer. Need I say more?

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
I think there's ample evidence of his serial and predatory behavior in this New York Times article (which did not paywall for me.)

The investigator, who is known to have interviewed at least two accusers:

The pattern in the publicly available information about a newer lawsuit:

The fact that Watson required the therapists to sign NDA's for his visits, essentially silencing them for what he likely was about to do.

The fact that the Texans, while denying they knew of his behavior, nevertheless settled the suits against them for supplying Watson with the NDA's.

To sum up, in my view you have zero credibility with your opinions, as long as you (1) hold to a standard of truth being absolutist, especially in legal matters where so much is confidential;
(2) with all the distracting immaterial noise you put out about how much you love your momma, how you've been a victim, how he was suspended for causing a media circus, etc.

You are well entitled sir to your opinion that Watson is innocent and the women are financial and attention-seeking predators themselves, or even trampy paid pleasurers. I think your pattern is clear that you are an apologist for powerful men who abuse their power.
You are entitled to yours as well.

Sure it's obvious he met up with these women with some intent or hopes of more. Why else would he choose this type of "masseuse?" But wanting something and asking for it is not a crime. Hence no criminal charges.

If you want to label him a creepy guy then that's fine. But he should not be treated like a criminal as the vast majority of these women do not even claim to have been raped or have any force used against them. The vitriol he has faced is stronger than what I have seen some actual rapists endure. Massages with a "happy ending" is nothing new which is why the saying exists. Perhaps that was all he was looking for, but most of their accounts say when they declined he did not pursue it any further.

As far as NDA's go, I don't think it's a routine thing for a masseuse to have to sign. Perhaps they just thought it was because he was a celebrity. But nevertheless, they signed it on their own free will. Some of them even performed services for him more than once.

The volume of women that he met up with is what makes it predatory. I'm not denying that or that he has some issues. I'm not with him being portrayed as a serial rapists. That he is not. My defense of him is not about whether he had the wrong intentions or was being creepy. I'm pushing back against those that are portraying him as something his actions don't support. Rolling over on a table and asking someone for a sexual favor is not the same as holding someone down and forcibly having sex with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom