Deshaun Watson returns to Browns (2 Viewers)

You are entitled to yours as well.

Sure it's obvious he met up with these women with some intent or hopes of more. Why else would he choose this type of "masseuse?" But wanting something and asking for it is not a crime. Hence no criminal charges.

If you want to label him a creepy guy then that's fine. But he should not be treated like a criminal as the vast majority of these women do not even claim to have been raped or have any force used against them. The vitriol he has faced is stronger than what I have seen some actual rapists endure. Massages with a "happy ending" is nothing new which is why the saying exists. Perhaps that was all he was looking for, but most of their accounts say when they declined he did not pursue it any further.

As far as NDA's go, I don't think it's a routine thing for a masseuse to have to sign. Perhaps they just thought it was because he was a celebrity. But nevertheless, they signed it on their own free will. Some of them even performed services for him more than once.

The volume of women that he met up with is what makes it predatory. I'm not denying that or that he has some issues. I'm not with him being portrayed as a serial rapists. That he is not. My defense of him is not about whether he had the wrong intentions or was being creepy. I'm pushing back against those that are portraying him as something his actions don't support. Rolling over on a table and asking someone for a sexual favor is not the same as holding someone down and forcibly having sex with them.
Fair enough. Your post works for me as the last word of the exchange.

It's a very, very logical assumption that a billion dollar organization would have resources available to their employees and contractors and seeing how their source of income come from pro athletes, it is more than safe to say that they would have such a list. They would be negligent if they didn't.

That would be more of a "you would think" than "very, very logical". I believe we all have seen that billion dollar organization do things you wouldn't think a billion dollar organization would do.

You think these guys found Dr. Andrews in the yellow pages?

Was it because the NFL has him in the rolodex, or because he built a reputation through his work? Is it the NFL/teams who send players to Dr. Andrews, or is it players seeking Dr. Andrews?

Last edited:
Should a sex offender, who has done his time, be allowed back into society? Allowed gainful employment? Sure. Of course. But would I want to live next door to him or work with him? No.

Same applies with Deshaun Watson. Should he be outright banned from the NFL? I don't think so. But I would hope my favorite NFL team would know better than to make a sexual predator the face of the franchise. Very glad the deal fell through and that we do not have to deal with all the attention and nonsense that Cleveland is facing and will face for years to come.
Unfortunately, our favorite NFL team doesn't know better but it wasn't able to cough up the high price that it would have taken to acquire him. Only saved by their lack of resources and not by their foresight or morals.

Unfortunately, our favorite NFL team doesn't know better but it wasn't able to cough up the high price that it would have taken to acquire him. Only saved by their lack of resources and not by their foresight or morals.
You're probably right, but some might argue that it was all a ruse to drive up the price and screw with Atlanta and ultimately the Browns with that stupid fully guaranteed contract.

You're probably right, but some might argue that it was all a ruse to drive up the price and screw with Atlanta and ultimately the Browns with that stupid fully guaranteed contract.
I can assure it wasn't a ruse. The Saints entertained him for serious visits. A buddy of mine even met with him to discuss what kind of charitable groups he could get involved with in New Orleans. The Saints very much wanted Deshaun. Glad he's Cleveland's problem.

I can assure it wasn't a ruse. The Saints entertained him for serious visits. A buddy of mine even met with him to discuss what kind of charitable groups he could get involved with in New Orleans. The Saints very much wanted Deshaun. Glad he's Cleveland's problem.
If we got him, this would not even be a discussion. There would be talks about how well he would do in his first game back or how long it will take him to get back to his old form.

If we got him, this would not even be a discussion. There would be talks about how well he would do in his first game back or how long it will take him to get back to his old form.
There certainly would be some of that, but there definitely would still be a lot of talk about his legal issues and indiscretions. So it absolutely would be a discussion.

I was hoping Winston turned out better than he's been this season. Although his injuries muddied the waters a bit. As for Watson, I'm glad we didn't get him.
I just want a good qb. But we’ll likely have a similarly crappy season next year too. Gotta get cap right to attract a potential good coach.

I just want a good qb. But we’ll likely have a similarly crappy season next year too. Gotta get cap right to attract a potential good coach.
I wouldn’t count out next year because the entire division will be restating to some degree.

It's a very, very logical assumption that a billion dollar organization would have resources available to their employees and contractors and seeing how their source of income come from pro athletes, it is more than safe to say that they would have such a list. They would be negligent if they didn't.

You think these guys found Dr. Andrews in the yellow pages?

lol tell that to the saints medical staff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom