Deshaun Watson returns to Browns (1 Viewer)

There certainly would be some of that, but there definitely would still be a lot of talk about his legal issues and indiscretions. So it absolutely would be a discussion.
Fair enough. I still think most, not all, would be looking the other way.

Not insensitive at all. That's why people have become so weak. Walking around feeling like victims or like they are the only person bad things happened to. There is nothing that we go through that people haven't dealt with before. History only repeats itself. There are things written about in the Bible that people still deal with today. Nobody leaves this earth unscathed. We all have a story to tell. I'm a descendant of people who were raped, beaten and killed. And guess what, they kept pushing which is how I got here.

Wanting to be coddled because of what happened is a sign of weakness not strength. Your plight doesn't make you special. Your response to it can though. We celebrate people that overcome adversity. I don't buy into the mindset of pampering people. Put your adult underwear on and handle it. And never forget that no matter what you are dealing with there's somebody that has had it worse. There are women that are brutally beaten and raped by strangers. These women are acting like a man making sexual advances on them that they agreed to touch and massage was as traumatic as that. It wasn't and I will not treat them like it was.

I too was molested as a child. I have never cried about it and expected special attention. I grew up and did the work needed to move on.
Mic drop

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
hes been suspended, grand jurys didnt convict him, and he's paid the people off.

its time to move on and focus on football. i 100% agree with him not answering any other questions. hes the qb. lets talk football now.

That's gonna happen regardless, so there's really no upside to addressing it.
And that gets into the larger situation of how this was handled. The Browns really messed up giving that guaranteed contract.
I’m no mind reader, but I think the executives on Park Avenue are hoping and praying that Watson fails and quietly plays out his contract in the Siberia of Football known as Cleveland and leaves the League once his contract expires.

And that gets into the larger situation of how this was handled. The Browns really messed up giving that guaranteed contract.
I’m no mind reader, but I think the executives on Park Avenue are hoping and praying that Watson fails and quietly plays out his contract in the Siberia of Football known as Cleveland and leaves the League once his contract expires.
The guaranteed contract was stupid. But it's Cleveland. I don't think Watson is out of the woods yet as far as his legal issues go. And I think he's an idiot. But the smart thing is to focus on football and address the other stuff after the season is over.

This is weird for me. In life, I have learned that unless you were actually there, you don't really KNOW what happened when it comes to he said- she said. You can guess. You might be right or you might be wrong with your guess. Heck and sometimes even being there, you can still be wrong.

On one hand that's a LOT of women to be accusing him. On the other hand, as EASY as it is to get an indictment, they couldn't indict him. If women were assaulted, he needs to pay criminally and civilly. Period. If the women are lying or shading the truth, he needs to play and put all of this behind him.

This is dicey. But let's say he is definitely guilty, do you think he's the type of person who would care about his accusers being at the game? Let's say he is definitely innocent, do you think having false accusers being at the game would affect his play or that he would really care?

This is just a crazy situation.

Last edited:
This is weird for me. In life, I have learned in life, unless you were actually there, you don't really KNOW what happened when it comes to he said- she said. You can guess. You might be right or you might be wrong with your guess. Heck and sometimes even being there, you can still be wrong.

On one hand that's a LOT of women to be accusing him. On the other hand, as EASY as it is to get an indictment, they couldn't indict him. If women were assaulted, he needs to pay criminally and civilly. Period. If the women are lying or shading the truth, he needs to play and put all of this behind him.

This is dicey. But let's say he is definitely guilty, do you think he's the type of person who would care about his accusers being at the game? Let's say he is definitely innocent, do you think having false accusers being at the game would affect his play or that he would really care?

This is just a crazy situation.
And to add to the bolded. If that would come out to be true. They should face punishment as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom