N/S Deshaun Watson Wants To Play For The NY Giants (1 Viewer)

MLU

Reaction score
I looked up draft order. NY has the 5th and 7th overall pick.

If Texans agree to trade they will have 3 picks in the top 7. And a high second round.

If they hit correctly on those, Texans have chance to drastically alter thier franchises fortunes.
They'll add some talented players, but they're just going to see them leave in a few years. The Texans are the new Jets.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Good; let him go to the Giants. Don’t want this guy anywhere near here, UNLESS all of his alleged issues are cleared, which I highly doubt will.

Are we so willing to just overlook certain behavior (IF GUILTY) to have a player with so much talent to play for the Saints? What are we doing? Would we be willing to overlook a racist player? An animal abuser? I mean, what are the limits? I am curious.

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Good; let him go to the Giants. Don’t want this guy anywhere near here, UNLESS all of his alleged issues are cleared, which I highly doubt will.

Are we so willing to just overlook certain behavior (IF GUILTY) to have a player with so much talent to play for the Saints? What are we doing? Would we be willing to overlook a racist player? An animal abuser? I mean, what are the limits? I am curious.
?? Not a single person in this thread mentioned wanting watson on the saints

Wisco Steve

IN for that TITle Run
Reaction score

I don't think it even matters, he's not an option. He has a 40.4 MM cap number, with 35 MM guaranteed next season...there is no possible way for us to afford that.

Nonreg

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
By no means am I defending Watson, but if you haven’t learned the media has its own agenda yet you might be delusional.

Also; don’t under estimate money hungry people from bad mouthing a sports figure to have financial gain

AGAIN: I’m not defending Watson; just wait till he’s proven guilty in our system before castrating him.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

pulp-fiction-john-travolta (1).gif

Man, it's like you got tired of waiting for someone to say it so you pushed this post out anyway. LOL

Broad St. Saint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

Isn’t this kinda how the Bucs won a Super Bowl? Maybe both depending on what they knew about Gruden.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
New York made their governor step down for sexual misconduct, but would welcome Watson as the face of the franchise?

I don't see it happening.
Sports versus politics. I don't see the connection. As bad as the NY teams are they wouldn't care. If no criminal charges are brought this month, the majority of QB needy teams will be after him.

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Very few, if anyone, outside the Miami organization know the full story with the firing of Flores. I certainly don't. But there are stories suggesting that Flores at the very least communicated poorly with others in the organization, and had a poor relationship with both the general manager and his starting quarterback. Miami picked Tua, not Herbert. After the pick was made, the parties needed to move on. It seems Flores never did.

texasjefe

That's how football go
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
IIRC, there are still 22 lewd behavior lawsuits pending against Watson, including 2 that accuse him of sexual assault, such as forcing his masseuse to perform oral sex.

I mention that because that could be excellent leverage for a team trading for Watson to demand giving up a far less draft haul in the trade.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So now Flores is trying to get a HC job at a place that will trade for Deshaun. Do they have to negotiate a trade before he'll take the job...if offered? Seems complicated. Best way to do it is to take the Texans job and tell them you want to keep Deshaun.

FLYGHT

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
So now Flores is trying to get a HC job at a place that will trade for Deshaun. Do they have to negotiate a trade before he'll take the job...if offered? Seems complicated. Best way to do it is to take the Texans job and tell them you want to keep Deshaun.
The McNairs are Idiots! you or no one else will convince them to keep Deshaun. nor will Deshaun ever play for the Texans again. He wanted out long before the "Scandal" began. Some say it was the Texans themselves who conspired to ruin him. Why would they do that you ask? as I stated earlier the McNairs are idiots, It is my opinion that they somehow thought they would rather allow their friend ( the lawyer Bringing the lawsuits against Deshaun) to ruin Deshaun Watson's career than to have him bad mouth them and their dumb front office moves that led to their hiring of O'Brien, and personnel decisions that culminated in the hiring of cully only to fire him a year later and pay him 22 million in the process. Dumb and Dumber! Just my opinion... what's yours... PS. I live in Houston, moved here in 1992, But I'm a Saints Fan for life. WHO DAT! PPS. Not saying Deshaun is innocent, at the very least he is guilty of putting "himself" in the position to be so easily and voluminously accused. So At the very least, I feel there is a question of judgment and character. I believe the McNairs could have handled this much better and gotten much more out of this if they had taken a different approach.

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Great for Giants, if it happens. If everything clears on the legal side, I could see the Saints going after Deshaun Watson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines