Deshaun Watson (1 Viewer)

He won't ever make it to free agency. They're going to sign him to the biggest deal in football history sometime between now and next spring. It's going to be (deservedly) ridiculous.
I think so too.

And shoot why not? Seems that mediocre players are getting crazy money too. Pat might as well break the bank as he actually deserves it (if anyone throwing a ball does).

As you all know, Watson has a lot to be upset about. O'Brien has made some really stupid moves - Clowney and now Deandre ( his favorite weapon) is now gone.

NE fans are all excited about Bill trading for him. I don't expect that to happen. O'Brien is hum.. let's say challenged but still I would expect that his demand would be way too high for Bellicheat. Especially when he will be available as a free agent next year.

Next year..................... Wow! The Saints have a lot to sell that young man to be the Saints Franchise QB. A lot more than NE. Sean Payton, a culture, the fan base.....

This could be so awesome.
The Texans will have the 5th year option on Watson, which would allow them to keep him for the 2021 season at a very affordable rate.

Just gonna throw it out there that Mahomes is also a Free Agent according to Spotrac next year...
Same as above but with the Chiefs here having the 5th year option on Mahomes to keep him under lock for the 2021 season. KC could very well give Mahomes the biggest NFL contract ever before letting it get to the 5th year option though.

The Texans will have the 5th year option on Watson, which would allow them to keep him for the 2021 season at a very affordable rate.

Same as above but with the Chiefs here having the 5th year option on Mahomes to keep him under lock for the 2021 season. KC could very well give Mahomes the biggest NFL contract ever before letting it get to the 5th year option though.
Deshaun can refuse to sign it and demand a trade. I think that's the reason for his Drake quote. I don't know how i'ma gonna get out of here clean. He is a classy guy and I think he doesn't want the mess. Clearly though he knows he is in a bad spot.

True, but that 5th year option means nothing in the case of Nuke Hopkins, if D Wat tells the team "sure pick up my option, but I will not re-sign with y'all after 2022"....That's when the Saints make the trade next offseason.

Unless y'all are talking about having someone keep the seat warm for a few seasons between Brees and Arch, Drew would have to play 25 seasons and Arch would have to enter the NFL at 21 for Drew to pass the torch to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom