Deshaun Watson? (1 Viewer)

What makes Watson's situation unique is his no trade clause. The question is is he willing to not play to force Houston's hand? Only he can wave the clause so he can decide where he wants to go. It may drive the price down a little

Not going to happen based on our draft position. The only player I see giving up is Thomas and a few defensive players. But gosh keep your core like your offensive line.

I’d be lying if I said I understood all of the NFL cap rules, but despite the front office’s cap voodoo I can’t see how we can afford Watson

I’d be lying if I said I understood all of the NFL cap rules, but despite the front office’s cap voodoo I can’t see how we can afford Watson

Definitely back loaded. But it takes two to tango.

We have the lowest cap space in the league and are near the bottom in draft resources .

Definitely back loaded. But it takes two to tango.

We have the lowest cap space in the league and are near the bottom in draft resources .

Yeah, the only way I see it is if Watson says he’ll hold out and the Saints are the only team he’ll play for, which is incredibly unlikely as this isn’t the NBA. Miami is the driver’s seat with Tua and Houston’s own pick.

He's the best available option to replace Brees. It's bypassing a HUGE step for the future of this team, so we have to explore it. It'd be silly not to.

But it's a long shot and requires Watson to want to be here.

...I mean, I'd want to be here, but I'm obviously biased.

Yea.... that aint happening. Altho it would be nice lol. Would love to see what him and Payton could accomplish together.

for me i wouldnt mind seeing Jameis get a shot. The upside is there - give him a full offseason working with Payton and the offense as a #1 then draft another wr. I think it could be good, very good.

It’s not impossible but highly unlikely. I’m not sure the Texans trade him...even if he sits. McNair is that bad. I could see him want to go to the Saints...but the Saints would have to unload tons of contracts and draft resources. It’s just a bad year to try to pull it off...we are pretty much as close as we have ever been to cap hell.

I'm good going forward with Winston and another draft class, keep building the TEAM!

Payton can't wait to get to work with Winston, just like he liked the challenge of winning with Hill, Payton now has an even more talented player to win with.

Yea.... that aint happening. Altho it would be nice lol. Would love to see what him and Payton could accomplish together.

for me i wouldnt mind seeing Jameis get a shot. The upside is there - give him a full offseason working with Payton and the offense as a #1 then draft another wr. I think it could be good, very good.

The Bills just turned a historically erratic young QB in Josh Allen into a borderline MVP player in one season. This coaching staff can turn Jameis into a great QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom