Deshawn Watson is lookin good. (1 Viewer)

Lattimore vs Hopkins will be a good matchup. Curious to see how Watson looks in the super dome. We can’t afford to start slow like we do every opener.

Watson is going to beg to his coach to take him out the game when the Saints defense harasses and makes life difficult for him. The Texans will on the defensive side of the ball will be demoralized with Drew, M.T, Cook, Kamara, the O-line moving the ball when and where they want it down the field. It's been a while since Houston has played real competition. Welcome Texans to the N.FC South
I really wish the Saints had taken him. Don't get me wrong, Lattimore is the truth at CB and has filled a hole in the defense that hasn't been filled in decades of ever. I feel he is an elite CB that will be on the NFL's All Decade team when it's all said and done.

The QB position however is what separates teams that are perennially in the conference CG and team that are just good. I feel that Watson exhibits those rare qualities of leadership and game savvy that separate players like Brees', Brady, etc from the rest of the pack. When you find a QB like that, you pick them no matter what because you never know when you will see it again. It might not pay off now, but it will pay off at the league's most important position.
KC jumped ahead of us for Mahomes too. Would have been a situation where he would be sitting on the bench.
Thing is that we really had a need for Lattimore a d not for a qb at the time.

Curious to see how Watson looks in the super dome.

I'm more curious in *what* Watson looks at *in* the Superdome.

Hopefully a lot of this...

GyY7oxE.png

(credit to R24KBerg)

I hear you but had we drafted Watson, he’d still be the backup and would have no more than one or two starts. It would be a subject of national attention and it would be a controversy. And weird and sometimes unfortunate things happen in those situations.

Plus we wouldn’t have had one of the league’s best corners over the past two years - I don’t think we can discount the contribution Lattimore has made to the turnaround of our defense from totally miserable to regularly competitive. (Not that you are discounting it, you made that very point).
I disagree that there would be a controversy. This a small market we're talking about and Drew Brees is the unquestioned leader on this team. Controversy doesn't play here just like there was no controversy in Green Bay with Rogers on the bench for several years. The ONLY way it starts if if Drew misses time and the offense flourishes without him. Even then, knowing what we know about Watson and Brees, I don't see there being controversy.

Controversy only occurs where people act dumb or in large markets. Not enough people in America care about the Saints for sports media to manufacture controversy where there is none.

I am glad to have Lattimore, though. After the franchise QB, the franchise CB seems to be the most difficult position to obtain.

This 100%
Anyone can beat us week 1. Gotta buck that trend
Anyone can beat anyone the first couple weeks. That's because up until the first week of the season the starting units are not hitting and blocking at full speed together. That's not ever going to change.

Saints right now are a -7 favorite in the opener. It might come down to -5.5 by gameday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom