Deshawn Watson is lookin good. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
He's not on a rival division team so I guess it's okay to like him. In the preseason game he has had some time so maybe the Texans have finally realized they need an Oline.
This game will be a shoot out. It will be about Saints offense.

No doubt he's good. They'll be a real challenge.

Still, that's an enormous first test for their OL: In the dome with the crowd going crazy and the Saints scheming up some pressure. It's going to be awfully hard for the OL to communicate.

I think as long as we keep them out of the end zone or minimize TDs we’ll be fine. There run game doesn’t look all that our D excels against the run. There offense can get all the yards they want passing just force them to settle for field goals is key.

Last edited:
Our season opener is going to be a battle no doubt. I would be really surprised if we had one of our famous 45-17 type of MNF wins at home.

Watson is going to beg to his coach to take him out the game when the Saints defense harasses and makes life difficult for him. The Texans will on the defensive side of the ball will be demoralized with Drew, M.T, Cook, Kamara, the O-line moving the ball when and where they want it down the field. It's been a while since Houston has played real competition. Welcome Texans to the N.FC South where the big boys play.

Watson is going to beg to his coach to take him out the game when the Saints defense harasses and makes life difficult for him. The Texans will on the defensive side of the ball will be demoralized with Drew, M.T, Cook, Kamara, the O-line moving the ball when and where they want it down the field. It's been a while since Houston has played real competition. Welcome Texans to the N.FC South where the big boys play.

The Texans always play us tough. Last time we played, they ended Drew Brees’ streak of games with a TD pass, and they beat the snot out of us

No doubt he's good. They'll be a real challenge.

Still, that's an enormous first test for their OL: In the dome with the crowd going crazy and the Saints scheming up some pressure. It's going to be awfully hard for the OL to communicate.
I think our defense will be challenged. However I'm really pumped about our offense this year. I recommend taking the over in this game.

I can tell you that they're very concerned about their OL. They picked up Matt Khalil to be a stop gap at LT but might have to cut him because he's been terrible in camp.

They struggled with the Lions DL in joint practices and rumors are swirling that they would move Clowney for a LT, I listened to a local radio show that seriously thought they should look at trading him for Peat.

Watson can buy time with his legs and he's got good enough receivers to do damage with but he does hold the ball longer than he should

As the old saying goes never put too much into how good or bad a team performs during preseason. Not to say that the Texans are a bad team. But beating a team especially like the Lions I don't think is a true evaluation on how good the Texans really are.

Deshaun is the real deal. Great guy - has that “it” factor. Can will himself to great things.
I really wish the Saints had taken him. Don't get me wrong, Lattimore is the truth at CB and has filled a hole in the defense that hasn't been filled in decades of ever. I feel he is an elite CB that will be on the NFL's All Decade team when it's all said and done.

The QB position however is what separates teams that are perennially in the conference CG and team that are just good. I feel that Watson exhibits those rare qualities of leadership and game savvy that separate players like Brees', Brady, etc from the rest of the pack. When you find a QB like that, you pick them no matter what because you never know when you will see it again. It might not pay off now, but it will pay off at the league's most important position.

after living in Houston for 5 years, I can't support any area team's success that might bring the fanbase hope and joy, regardless of conference :jpshakehead:

but I do really like Watson and the way he plays

I really wish the Saints had taken him. Don't get me wrong, Lattimore is the truth at CB and has filled a hole in the defense that hasn't been filled in decades of ever. I feel he is an elite CB that will be on the NFL's All Decade team when it's all said and done.

The QB position however is what separates teams that are perennially in the conference CG and team that are just good. I feel that Watson exhibits those rare qualities of leadership and game savvy that separate players like Brees', Brady, etc from the rest of the pack. When you find a QB like that, you pick them no matter what because you never know when you will see it again. It might not pay off now, but it will pay off at the league's most important position.

I hear you but had we drafted Watson, he’d still be the backup and would have no more than one or two starts. It would be a subject of national attention and it would be a controversy. And weird and sometimes unfortunate things happen in those situations.

Plus we wouldn’t have had one of the league’s best corners over the past two years - I don’t think we can discount the contribution Lattimore has made to the turnaround of our defense from totally miserable to regularly competitive. (Not that you are discounting it, you made that very point).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom