Designed runs for Taysom Hill... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
We didn't see quite as many designed runs for Hill as I expected, but #7 still managed 10 carries for 51 yards...the one running play that has seemed unstoppable is the play where Taysom is in an empty backfield and we bring the tight end in motion to serve as an extra blocker...when Taysom gets the snap he follows the tight end...from what I've seen that play works every single time...Taysom is, by far, the most physical running quarterback in the NFL...

Payton said he wanted Taysom to establish himself as a pocket passer in the first half against Atlanta, and then he gradually opened up the run game for him to show he is truly a two dimensional QB. Taysom needs to work on ball security, though, like has been mentioned. He's got smaller hands than Drew, and that is his one liability.

only time it should be designed is on goal line or 3rd and less than 2. all his runs should now be from roll out passes or initial dropbacks, bc now that hes a threat to throw, the LB's and safeties are backpaddling, that should give him a good running start and he should always get atleast 5 yards when that happens..

What I find most interesting about that play is how rugby-like it is. It's a pure 11-on-11 play and so different from the offense Payton usually calls.
Wow it never hit me that Taysom looks exactly like a Rugby player when he runs the ball. And he definitely has the same attitude of a rugby player welcoming the contact.

We didn't see quite as many designed runs for Hill as I expected, but #7 still managed 10 carries for 51 yards...the one running play that has seemed unstoppable is the play where Taysom is in an empty backfield and we bring the tight end in motion to serve as an extra blocker...when Taysom gets the snap he follows the tight end...from what I've seen that play works every single time...Taysom is, by far, the most physical running quarterback in the NFL...

I love that play. It's just old school hat on a hat football. I always like when SP would bring in a third Tackle and everyone knows it's a run but they can't stop it. This play is like that. You know what's about to happen but you can't do anything about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom