Desmond Trufant #15 Legacy Pick (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Desmond Trufant: I'm one of best cornerbacks in draft | News | NFL.com

Hes Quick Twitch and has superb agility.

He also doesnt come with the "inconsistent" tag tht Pat Rob has carried with him since FSU.

Hes a sticky guy and even if a receiver gets separation hes close by for the tackle.

Plays n the slot and seems to know how to not let bigger receivers get their hands on him. Not many ints but hes got a plethora of deflections.

Sign Nnamdi and Draft this kid. CB makeover complete.

Also here is the senior bowl Db's vs Wr's

2013 Senior Bowl - WRs vs DBs ONLY - YouTube

Who's going to get to the qb?

Sorry...im not in the group tht would pick an OLB first.

Reason being is tht like 3G Ryan can manufacture pressure by his overloads etc etc. It would b nice to have a stud passrusher but Dallas had Spencer/Ware....it didn't make the D any better...and hes been other places tht didnt have a big name passrusher and he got production

We need a cover cb. Robinson hasnt proved he can be consistent..greer is a year older and 3 years removed from his best season. Corey white has potential but if Robinson doesnt sho up nxt this season and greer continues to decline or gets cut well b pretty bare @ CB in 2014.

Might as well take one now in a pretty deep CB class

I knoe JJwatt is beastly but the majority of Houstons sacks came from the linemen....not the OLB's. Kinda evenly distributed. Mercilus had 6 i think, barwin 2 and im not sure how many brooks reed had.

Case n point a dominant OLB is good to have but isnt a necessity in the 1 gap.

Sorry...im not in the group tht would pick an OLB first.

Reason being is tht like 3G Ryan can manufacture pressure by his overloads etc etc. It would b nice to have a stud passrusher but Dallas had Spencer/Ware....it didn't make the D any better...and hes been other places tht didnt have a big name passrusher and he got production

We need a cover cb. Robinson hasnt proved he can be consistent..greer is a year older and 3 years removed from his best season. Corey white has potential but if Robinson doesnt sho up nxt this season and greer continues to decline or gets cut well b pretty bare @ CB in 2014.

Might as well take one now in a pretty deep CB class

Tired of manufactured pressure. That usually means creating a liability somewhere else.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bottom line we need to get better talent all over...in the secondary in the olbs group in the dl...

and its not happening in 1 year...

so take the bpa whether its a db or a olb.....

i would rather trade down unless one of the blue chip olbs falls like jordan, ansah, jones or mingo.....

I can see why we would pick him over Rhodes, he could play the slot, I'm not sure Greer or PRob can play the slot if we got Rhodes, but Rhodes would match up nice with large WRs and plays the ball well, love to have them both. I'm sure they will pick a good one.

Nnamdi was the best in the league with Rob Ryan and his system

Is Trufant really BPA or are you just picking a CB because that possibly speaks to Ryan's draft tendencies? I'm guessing the latter. I hope we don't go that route.

The pick should be based off player eval. GW was said to be able to manufacture a rush also and we see how that worked. You can't just blitz and call it pressure, we'll get eaten alive. Especially by that ugly QB in Atlanta. As much as I dislike him, he really good at that.

15 is too high. As much as I'd like him to be, he's just not first round talent to me. He's not a difference maker. Late first round maybe ... 15? No way.

Is Trufant really BPA or are you just picking a CB because that possibly speaks to Ryan's draft tendencies? I'm guessing the latter. I hope we don't go that route.

The pick should be based off player eval. GW was said to be able to manufacture a rush also and we see how that worked. You can't just blitz and call it pressure, we'll get eaten alive. Especially by that ugly QB in Atlanta. As much as I dislike him, he really good at that.

Agreed, this defense desperately needs playmakers. Trufant is one of the better corners in the draft, but I'd still put both Rhodes and Banks ahead of him, I personally even prefer Poyer. 15 would be a huge reach for him especially considering the other players that would almost definitely be available. I think a lot of people are under valuing and will be surprised next season with what we've got with Greer and Robinson at the CB positions, especially with a pass rush.

There are better prospects at the defensive position that have massive value for us, even offensive position at #15.

I just don't remotely see it at 15, but it's possible if there's a trade. Who knows.

he's a nice fiesty cb but i don't see playmaker and he's kinda smallish at 190....

we need 1 big cb at least....

either rhodes, banks in a trade down, or best available pass rusher....

I knoe JJwatt is beastly but the majority of Houstons sacks came from the linemen....not the OLB's. Kinda evenly distributed. Mercilus had 6 i think, barwin 2 and im not sure how many brooks reed had.

Case n point a dominant OLB is good to have but isnt a necessity in the 1 gap.

Im with you unless Mingo is there and can be that Aldon Smith type of impact. I really think Cam Jordan and Hicks will be huge impact inside as the NT and DE being better than what Houston has. If Tez and Gallete turn out anything what I think they will be it makes no sense to another rush LB in the 1st. Would still love to get Matheiu as I believe he can make an impact immediately as a play maker who RR can use in multiple ways and give us a dynamic returner. Jordan And Hicks could wreak havoc lined up inside in nickel situations. To me if Jenkins is used right is still a top safety as long as he gets help which gives him more time to break on balls that come out slower and at him more often. When I watch the tape was actually one of the most consitent and best tacklers I have seen. Continue to make play after play in the open field probably twice as much as any safety with as bad as our D was. I know there is a lot of hate on Jenkins but whats your grade? Everything I have studied he does everything at an elite level except seemed to get confused in coverage with players far to often which in the NFL you get burnt. Really think he could be 1 of the best for a while under RR.

Im removing trade options and hes the 3rd best CB in this Draft. Id prefer a trade back as well to say 20...but teams view players diff. Stephen Gilmore...Bruce Irving..guys tht were higher on other teams boards thn the draftniks.

I like him...Jabari Greer type. Hell get 3-4 picks but hell bat down a plethora of passes. Hes prob more agile than any other CB besides Alford. I dont care tht rhodes is 6'1 with 4.4 speed. If he cant change directions well hell get toasted by smaller receivers

Sherman is 6'3 but he had a Very quick 3cone...compared to other corners his size.

Id also taks Alford if hes there in the 3rd still but i think Trufant has the ability to b the top corner out of this class

In fact on sum boards Trufant has moved up to 20...meaning a team in the 15-25 area could take him depending on need or value

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom