Despite All-Pro season, Saints' Deonte Harris still has room to improve (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1592878917646.png
Credit: AP/Bill Feig

By Amos Morale III | WWL Radio

Saints kick returner Deonte Harris is coming off an All-Pro rookie season. He made the Pro Bowl and led the NFL in punt return yards as he established himself as one of the league’s most reliable returners.

But that doesn’t mean he’s a “finished product yet.”

“I say this all the time. I think people look at me like I am crazy, but I think Deonte can actually really improve a lot,” Saints special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi said. “I think people will just automatically look at the numbers, his accolades, the All-Pro and Pro Bowl and all that and automatically assume that this guy has got it figured out. I think Deonte would probably be the first guy to tell you that he has enough things to work on.”

Rizzi pointed to some bad decisions by Harris early in the season along with ball security as areas where he could improve.

“We know he has the ability, that is obviously a no-brainer,” Rizzi said. “He is very dangerous with the ball in his hand, but I think now (he's) refining his return game. ...

Full Story - WWL Radio

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom