despite pitts record (1 Viewer)

CJL

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
i think this is gonna be one of our toughest challanges this season anyone agree?

Yes. They had over 500 yrds offense against Denver, they lost the game because of turnovers. We don't stop the run as well as Denver, and our corners are highly suspect.

We will playing a team that is backed into a corner. They have a lot of pride and we will be on the road.

Can we beat them? Yes.

Will this be tough? You bet.

Yes, I agree that this week's game is no gimme, by any stretch.

Pitt has out gained it's opponents by nearly 700 yards in the last 4 games. That's an average of +175 yards per game above the opposition. WOW.

They have lost 3 of those 4, due to untimely turnovers, IMO. Big Ben is being sacked alot, 23 in his seven starts. So I think that we need to bring the pass rush against them because Ben hasn't looked good when hurried, maybe its the concussion or a SB slump? We need to pressure him, often.

We need our defense to step it up in this game, but I'm worried because we don't get many turnovers from our guys and that seems to have been the deciding factor in Pitt's losses.

I'm hoping we can have more threads like this one on this board and get off the bush-bashing. It's nice to discuss game plan for the next game, and not monday-morning-quarterback it all week.

i think this is gonna be one of our toughest challanges this season anyone agree?

Hines Ward is a beast.

A couple of breaks and they can get up on us.

They are better than their record. Roethlisberger is just struggling a bit.

It is definitely nothing to take lightly. Will have to play well to win.

Yes, it would be easy to chalk this up as a win (a 6-2 team facing a 2-6 team). But Pitt just seems to have piled up the bad luck this year, eventually that that has to change. Roethlisberger hasn't been the same after all the stuff that's happened to him. The Steelers have moved the ball up and down field but turned it over at every inopprotune moment.

Scary stuff - Willie Parker averages 119 yds. rushing at home. It's already been mentioned but the Steelers had almost 500 yds. of Offense against the Broncos. You probably already know this but - the Broncos D >> Saints D. The Saints are going to have to put up points against a good Steelers D. The Steelers will score so hopefully Brees, Deuce, Colston, Horn (if he can go), Henderson will be able to move the ball. The Saints must be able to to at least slow Parker down and take advantage of Steelers mistakes (which scares me, our DBs can't catch a cold).

If I had to guess the Steelers are carefully studying the Ravens game tape. I'd also be willing to bet that the Steelers see this as a "statement game". By beating a good they'll prove that they're far betterthan their record. The Saints had better be ready......

pittsburg has a great defense, doesnt matter what the stats say.

the only reason they are losing is cause big ben is giving the game away.

they need to get back to pounding the ball every week, not passing, this week should be very interesting to say the least.

I hate being pessimistic, but:

I thnk if the Steelers don't turn the ball over, they win. They are the better team overall.

The Steelers put up 500+ yards against one fo the best defenses in the NFL(Broncos). Turnovers killed them. Same happened in Atlanta, Oakland and Cinci. I think even the San Diego game was winnable. So the way I see it is, minus the turnovers the Steelers are 6-2.

Our defense is not know for getting picks. We have 4 in 8 games. 2 from safeties, and 2 from Fujita (outside linebacker). None from our corners. Our corners(Thomas especially) made McNair look like an all pro in the 1st half and then the Ravens ran the rest of the game. McNair probably could have put up 350+ if he wanted to, but the game was all but over by the middle of the third quarter. We can force fumbles, but thats not something you want to count on. Also, Holmes isn't returning punts anymore.

I think our only hope is pressure Rothlisberger and force him to throw bad balls, or possibly fumble. But he is not known as a fumbler, and he threw really well in the Atlanta game. He did throw bad balls in the Oakland, but that was in a game he shouldn't have been playing. And as much of a joke the Oakland offense is, their D is not bad. Their secodnary is better than ours. I know two of the picks Rothlisberger had against Denver were great plays by Bailey, not sure about the other one. Mckenzie and Fred Thomas wouldn't have gotten those balls. We don't have anyone near Bailey on our D.

But thats even assuminng that Rothlisberger is going to have to throw much at all. Our run defense has been a sore spot. Before Tampa's game Sunday, we were ranked 21st.

We probably won't be able to run, so the pressure will be on Brees to carry the Saints once again. Pittsburgh's defense kind of reminds of Baltimores, and we know what happened in that game.

So despite the Steelers being 2-6 and the Saints 6-2, I think there is a good chance the Steelers win. In fact if you forced me to bet on one team I'd probably put my money on the Steelers.

i think baltimore has the overall better defense than anyone in the league (yes I know what the stats say).

just looking at their lineup i dont see a weakness on it.

now to pittsburg, id say if they have any weakness its the passing game, however we need to get a lead to eliminate their running game.

I'd be lieing to you if I said the Steelers scare me. They don't.

I'm done giving them the benifit of the doubt because of what they did last season. They are just plain not a good team this year. We will win this one in a close one simply because its on the road.

Every week we hear about how the steelers are a great team but they just have a few problems at QB etc. etc., yet they just keep on losing, to the raiders, to the falcons, etc. If the Raiders can beat them we dang sure can.

I see us losing this game, but I am ok with that. We will still lose a few more and finish 10-6 or 11-5.

I had a feeling Baltimore might be trouble for us, Pittsburgh isn't in Baltimore's league but the game will be tough. Part of the reason for Pitts yardage is they usually are playing from behind. The key will be as usual, turnovers. We need to be +2 in order to win this game. Anything less than that and we'll likely not pull the game out. I think the DBs will be practicing catching the ball and we will be +4 and win by 10.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom