despite pitts record (1 Viewer)

I'd be lieing to you if I said the Steelers scare me. They don't.

I'm done giving them the benifit of the doubt because of what they did last season. They are just plain not a good team this year. We will win this one in a close one simply because its on the road.

But the Steelers are not bad like the Raiders are bad. The Steelers are bad because they turn the ball over. Yes there defense at times hasn't been there, but they've been in just about every loss they've played. If they didn't turn the ball over so much they would win most of those games. I'd say the Steelers are a 6-2 team without key turnovers.

Every week we hear about how the steelers are a great team but they just have a few problems at QB etc. etc., yet they just keep on losing, to the raiders, to the falcons, etc. If the Raiders can beat them we dang sure can.

As much as the Raider's O sucks, their defense is probably better than ours, especially in the secondary, and probably at the linebackers too. Their defense won that game. Also, it was a home game and Ben was coming off a conclussion and probably shouldn't have played.

Of the three picks thrown by Ben at the Denver game, two were pretty good plays by Bailey. But Mckenzie and Thomas would not have picked those balls.

Bring it on

This team is not as bad as their record indicates. I'm not fooled one minute; I don't think Sean Payton is, either.

Yes this game will be a challenge and a "stepping stone" for the Saints;
because you have to win games like this to make it to the playoffs, and
then win in the playoffs.

1) The weather shouldn't be much of a factor (except maybe the wind) if we can believe the forecast.
Pitt,PA forecast from Accuweather.com:
Sunday, Nov 12
More Details

06.gif

Rather cloudy with a shower possible. Winds from the WNW at 12 mph.
Realfeel®: 49 °F

2) The Steelers o-line has been underperforming, as has Ben. If we can get to him consistently we have a good chance.
3) If we can score early the crowd will turn on the Steelers in a heartbeat. That may help a general malaise fall over their team.
4) I believe in Drew Brees' ability to beat a defense.

I'm not cocky about this one but I think we're good enough to win this and show that we CAN beat a good defense much like we did against the Eagles.

I also think this game comes down to turnovers. If we don't get help from Big Ben & Co. we could be in trouble because they are a very talented team. They are also up against a wall. On the other hand, I agree their defense isn't at Baltimore's level. I also think this may be the week teams stop stacking the line against us, so I'd love to see a steady dose of Deuce in the running game. We should play Steelers ball against the Steelers, or at least the old Steelers ball. Have a notion Reggie might make a big play this week as well.

Ranks

Offense YPG - overall - rush - pass
Pittsburgh 364.3 6th - 108.6 (16th) - 255.6 (5th)
New Orleans 361.5 7th - 92.3 (27th :-( ) - 269.3 (3rd - w00t!)

Defense YPG - overall - rush - pass
Pittsburgh 284.1 (8th) - 95.1 (9th) - 189.0 (9th -
New Orleans 296.8 (10th) - 115.4 (17th) - 181.4 (5th - suprising)

Turnovers - own - opposing - differential
Pittsburgh 24: (14 INT 10 Fumbles lost 32nd :hihi:) - 13 (12 INT 1 Fumb rec ~16th) - -11 (32nd :hihi:)
New Orleans 13 (8 INT 5 Fumble lost ~16th ) - 10 (4 INT, 6 Fumble rec 29th - only Washington, TB, Houston have less, ouch) - -3 (24th)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom