Despite skipping OTAs, Saints RB Mark Ingram says he's 'not angry' with his contract (1 Viewer)

• Admin
i

Mike Triplett | ESPN Staff Writer

METAIRIE, La. -- Mark Ingram said he was not holding out for a new contract when he decided to skip the New Orleans Saints' OTAs and offseason conditioning program. Rather, he just wanted to change up his regimen and work out on his own heading into his eighth NFL season.

But the Pro Bowl running back, who returned Tuesday for the team's mandatory minicamp at a slimmer 215 pounds, said he has been "working my butt off" with his longtime trainer in South Florida. And he said he will fully participate in training camp.

Ingram, who is facing a four-game suspension to start the 2018 season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances, said he'll be prepared to "jump right in immediately and make an impact" when he returns in Week 5.

"You know, people will make their own narrative. The media makes their own narrative. I'm not angry with my contract. I wasn't holding out," said Ingram, who is heading into the final year of his deal after he had his career-best season in 2017 in a productive timeshare with Offensive Rookie of the Year Alvin Kamara. ...

Full Story - ESPN

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom