Despite the situation... (1 Viewer)

CHEF

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
for some reason I feel pretty good about this game. It's crazy with the injuries and suspension, and the matchup of the Cowboys receivers and the Saints DB's but I still feel positive about this game. Maybe it's the coaching staff's familiarity with the Cowboys. Maybe it's the fact that the Saints are entering the game like a wounded animal. Maybe its an us-against-the world attitude after losing their run stuffing tackle. Can't put my finger on it but the Saints will enter this game loose as everyone this whole week has been talking about Romo and giving the Saints little chance.

The Saints can do some damage to the DBs of Dallas. Dallas has also proved vulnerable against the run on their left side (Saints right) on the corners. Just a hunch here. No guarantees, but just a hunch they rally around Payton.

for some reason I feel pretty good about this game. It's crazy with the injuries and suspension, and the matchup of the Cowboys receivers and the Saints DB's but I still feel positive about this game. Maybe it's the coaching staff's familiarity with the Cowboys. Maybe it's the fact that the Saints are entering the game like a wounded animal. Maybe its an us-against-the world attitude after losing their run stuffing tackle. Can't put my finger on it but the Saints will enter this game loose as everyone this whole week has been talking about Romo and giving the Saints little chance.

The Saints can do some damage to the DBs of Dallas. Dallas has also proved vulnerable against the run on their left side (Saints right) on the corners. Just a hunch here. No guarantees, but just a hunch they rally around Payton.

I feel positive as well I think we will show up to play. as well as we have played at some points this season I dont feel like weve ever really hit on all cylinders. I think that will happen this weekend.I actually think we have a good matchup with their D the deuce reggie tandem will hurt them. I also think if they put to much focus on our run,with brees we can get our young recievers involved. Also peytons history with dallas cant hurt either GO SAINTS

The biggest thing which is going in our favor is the familiarity of our coaches with Romo!.....if there is ANYBODY who knows his weakness, is coach Payton! I don't believe for a second the Saints players won't be ready dealing with him!

The other thing is, WE PLAYED THEM IN PRESEASON!......they clobbered us, and now there is a lot of pride in A REVENGE, even though the preseason game didn't count!.....yes, we might be missing HT, but his replacement MIGHT PLAY AT EVEN A HIGHER LEVEL!!.......remember Z Strief?

I think they're about to discover just how good we are!......if we can jump on them early, they might be looking for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG NIGHT!!

I think the saints are gonna suprise everybody like when we played atlanta and philly!

I am the biggest debbie downer this week, and if we win, I officially own the eatin crow thread ,... Serious...I have dibs on it !!!!

What makes me feel good about this game is the fact that it will have a playoff atmosphere, which is very good for our Saints. It's almost like a tune up game. I also like the cockiness of the Cowboy's fans and some in the Cowboy organization. There's no way in heck the Saints will not be up for this game. They will want this one for coach Payton. This game can very well be a blowout in our favor. We have too many weapons and can strike at anytime, which makes us really dangerous. This one will be fun to watch!

I am with you. For me its the fact this team has been ready for every game. Everytime I think they may go back to playing like the old saints they come out fighting and surprise me with their gameplans. Every week the defense surprises me. They slow down teams enough to allow the offense to get in a position to score more points.

Its evident Payton never thinks this team is the underdog and he has the team playing that way.

birddog is not alone, I agree that our rookie dt's will be able to pick up the slack. AND our coaching staff knows Romo, and will game plan to get him rattled. Beyond the hype, what has Dallas really done this year that is so special? We've been every bit as impressive as they have, if not more. I feel good about Sunday night.

Maybe it's because the Cowboys aren't the world beaters everyone is trying to make them out to be.

To be very frank, I was more impressed with them a few weeks ago than I am now.

Their fans may take the Saints lightly, but I can assure you - The Cowboys players won't. They know what they're facing Sunday night.

The Cowboys have a problem beating NFC teams, both good and bad NFC teams. I can't tell you why, but they do. They're 5-3 against NFC opponents.... 3 of their 4 losses.

After hearing Joe, Freddie Mac, and Drew tonight, it solidified what I already felt: While our guys respect the Cowboys, they don't think they're world beaters either. As all three said, "The Saints will be ready."

Coming from another Saints group, I would have reservations about believing those words.

Hearing them from these Saints, I know they mean what they say... Not only will they show up to play... They EXPECT to win. That's the way winners think.

If anybody believes these Saints (both coaches and players) are simply playing now to have a winning season or to make the playoffs, then you really haven't been following them closely enough.

While you won't hear them say it publicly, they BELIEVE that they have just as realistic an opportunit as any other team to take ALL THE CHEESE this year.

You can see it in their level of play the last two weeks. You can hear it in their voices now.

They know that to get that cheese, Dallas is a mouse trap in their way. That mouse trap will be silenced Sunday Night.

You heard it here.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom