Despite third straight season of disappointment, Saints still believe they're headed in the right direction (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story - The Advocate

Drew Brees has admitted his weakness many times, although using the word "weakness" might be a little strong.

Calling it a defining character trait would be more accurate.

Whatever you term that quality, the New Orleans Saints' quarterback icon knows he has a tendency to see the good in things, to find the silver lining in any situation. Brees sort of laughs about this, revealing that teammates have told him he can be "annoyingly optimistic."

Brees remains that way in the face of disappointment — even the kind of disappointment that comes with heading into the final three weeks of the season at 5-8, with almost no chance at the playoffs and three games against talented teams remaining, beginning with Sunday's 3:05 p.m. showdown against the underwhelming but dangerous Arizona Cardinals (5-7-1) in the desert.

Brees still believes in the direction this franchise is headed.

"All I know is I really like this team, and I feel like, unfortunately, there’s times where you have to take steps back before you take steps forward," he said. "There are times where bad things happen before the great things happen."

BY JOEL A. ERICKSON

Full Story - The Advocate

More from The Advocate:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom