Destiny Bungie's new game (3 Viewers)

They have increased the Light Levels of Prestige events, the Raid strike quest and Trials is suspected to be DLC map gated. So in order to get the platinum trophy, you are now locked out unless you own the DLC. You can't increase your light level without the DLC. This seems like a violation of Sony's terms regarding locking base game trophies behind a DLC paywall. PC players got the game for about a month before being locked out of some of the Vanilla content.

Why did they nerf the already nerfed Shoulder Charge? **** this game.

b52.gif

Considering we paid for the trophies/achievements with the game, we shouldn't be locked behind a paywall to get what we already paid for. This is my most legitimate complaint about this game.

I guess I should have bolded the salty part. I'm with you on the pay wall crap.

"Why did they nerf the already nerfed Shoulder Charge? **** this game."

"Why did they nerf the already nerfed Shoulder Charge? **** this game."

But why? Why nerf something that has already been nerfed to uselessness. Is it because they completely borked the Hunters? **** that, buff the Hunters, stop nerfing all the classes into boring powerless ****s. Also, I am extra salty because running around aimlessly shoulder charging is one of the more fun little side mechanics in the game. I.E. Shoulder charging over Gaps

Side note: It was especially useful in D1 at the Wall of Dicks when paired with the Twilight Garrison. You could jump as far if not further than the Warlock.

But why? Why nerf something that has already been nerfed to uselessness. Is it because they completely borked the Hunters? **** that, buff the Hunters, stop nerfing all the classes into boring powerless ****s. Also, I am extra salty because running around aimlessly shoulder charging is one of the more fun little side mechanics in the game. I.E. Shoulder charging over Gaps

Side note: It was especially useful in D1 at the Wall of Dicks when paired with the Twilight Garrison. You could jump as far if not further than the Warlock.

In the end, I think the real issue with Destiny 2 is they took away the fun. You don't feel like a total bad *** super hero anymore. They are concentrating so hard on balancing and making the game a challenge that they took out the fun. I think it's because they want to somehow get the crucible relevant on Twitch and get it as a competitive MLG sport, but they have only made the crucible feel worse and no fun to play. The cheese was fun. Jumping in the air and destroying things with the Jellyhorn was fun. Trying to two man or one man the Raids was fun. Complicated, frustrating mechanics, balanced PvP created by nerfing PvP and PvE is not fun, and getting tokens instead of the immediate gratification of a prize is not fun.

I think Bungie is stuck in the old Halo paradigm where making the game challenging and balanced was what mattered and having a high rank in PvP was the goal of the game. But with Destiny, they have stepped into the world of MMORPG where feeling like a bad ***, having fun, and collecting cool stuff is the goal of the game.

I think Bungie thinks that they need to make balanced and competitive multiplayer a success to keep people coming back because that what they had to do in Halo. They have ignored the paradigm shirt that they created when they brought the open world, looter, shooter to the masses.

While that balanced running around with my dick firmly planted in my teammates tight *** hole may be good for "competitive mode". I'd rather play fast and loose and go off on killing sprees cause I timed my super and heavy back to back. Instead of the we Nerfed Hunters into Oblivion.. now we gotta nerf the other classes to make it 'balanced'.

Destiny had its issues early on with lack of content. BUT Destiny did not have any problem with rewarding the player or making the player feel like he was being compensated for his investment with appropriately timed loot drops and random rolls. Hell people spent days shooting into a cave because that was the way to get more rolls. One of the best parts of Destiny was beating a boss and everyone calling out their drops and the rolls they got in the moment of victory. That doesn't exist now.

I also liked that the light level was random and not always a few points higher than your current light level. I guess because it was exciting to get that max light pair of gloves out of the raid chest that you could brag about. I didn't mind being forever 219 because it gave me a reason to keep playing just to try to get that one piece of armor needed to get to max light. It's way too easy to max out now and without random rolls, there's no other reason to keep playing.

In the end, I think the real issue with Destiny 2 is they took away the fun. You don't feel like a total bad *** super hero anymore. They are concentrating so hard on balancing and making the game a challenge that they took out the fun. I think it's because they want to somehow get the crucible relevant on Twitch and get it as a competitive MLG sport, but they have only made the crucible feel worse and no fun to play. The cheese was fun. Jumping in the air and destroying things with the Jellyhorn was fun. Trying to two man or one man the Raids was fun. Complicated, frustrating mechanics, balanced PvP created by nerfing PvP and PvE is not fun, and getting tokens instead of the immediate gratification of a prize is not fun.

I think Bungie is stuck in the old Halo paradigm where making the game challenging and balanced was what mattered and having a high rank in PvP was the goal of the game. But with Destiny, they have stepped into the world of MMORPG where feeling like a bad ***, having fun, and collecting cool stuff is the goal of the game.

I think Bungie thinks that they need to make balanced and competitive multiplayer a success to keep people coming back because that what they had to do in Halo. They have ignored the paradigm shirt that they created when they brought the open world, looter, shooter to the masses.

that's been going on since D1...pretty sure we have had this discussion before about the PVP borking the PVE for the sake of some unattainable balance that Bingie is looking for...

the truth is that they will probably never find it...

and for some reason, they insist on trying to merge the two together no matter how much they fail...they really need to treat them like two separate games...even going as far as to create weapons/loadouts that are designated for pvp only or pve only...

and don't forget that crybag gamers have also contributed to this...never underestimate the tears of gamers....

that's been going on since D1...pretty sure we have had this discussion before about the PVP borking the PVE for the sake of some unattainable balance that Bingie is looking for...

the truth is that they will probably never find it...

and for some reason, they insist on trying to merge the two together no matter how much they fail...they really need to treat them like two separate games...even going as far as to create weapons/loadouts that are designated for pvp only or pve only...

and don't forget that crybag gamers have also contributed to this...never underestimate the tears of gamers....

:mecry: is powerful

If y'all love loot boxes and forced digital downloads, stay silent...

https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/careers/game-design/938163/senior-progression-designer---live

SENIOR PROGRESSION DESIGNER - LIVE

RESPONSIBILITIES

Create sustainable player progression and chase through Destiny 2’s Bright Engram
Work closely with our Live leadership team to craft a long-term vision for the Eververse and its presence in the Destiny IP
Work closely with our Live product manager to analyze key performance indicators to inform design
Design and implement new features and systems with an eye on engagement, retention, and monetization
Use data and design sensibilities to define strategies for maintaining ideal engagement patterns and maximizing player satisfaction
Work with Destiny 2 leadership to help define a cohesive monetization experience across multiple expansions and seasons
Manage the creative and craft growth of Progression designers on the Eververse team and help establish a strong design culture

..**** your monetized loot system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom